How do you handle jealousy?

Started by Herb., October 18, 2015, 03:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewie

Quote from: SUPREME on October 18, 2015, 04:07:55 PM
The few times I've experienced it, i didn't know how to handle it because I've always told myself I'm the best Antonio i can be

So when it happened i got angry ncncnccn

And of course it was within a relationship

waitt

Herb.

Quote from: stillyaleader on October 18, 2015, 04:17:20 PM
Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 03:44:42 PM
Envy is such a natural, human emotion. And although many of us don't admit that we have these feelings sometimes, we've all experienced it countless times during our lives (and I expect that to be denied by some lol).

But here's my question. How do you handle it?
To me jealousy is such a useless emotion, even tho it's natural. It is really a green-eyed monster used for destruction (Othello) :dead:

I count my blessings and keep it moving :ohwow:
Good job lil sis. :wub: I agree.

Remembering how wonderful and blessed you are is a perfect antidote for these moments.

deez

Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 04:18:44 PM
Quote from: stillyaleader on October 18, 2015, 04:17:20 PM
Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 03:44:42 PM
Envy is such a natural, human emotion. And although many of us don't admit that we have these feelings sometimes, we've all experienced it countless times during our lives (and I expect that to be denied by some lol).

But here's my question. How do you handle it?
To me jealousy is such a useless emotion, even tho it's natural. It is really a green-eyed monster used for destruction (Othello) :dead:

I count my blessings and keep it moving :ohwow:
Good job lil sis. :wub: I agree.

Remembering how wonderful and blessed you are is a perfect antidote for these moments.
:blush:

RekeRig

Let it fuel me.  it should really just be turned into motivation, depending on what we're talking about.  In terms of relationships, I just get quiet, keep to myself even more and become a little cold/short. I'm not argumentative or confrontational, but you'll know I'm pissed or upset

Herb.

Quote from: RIG on October 18, 2015, 04:22:46 PM
Let it fuel me.  it should really just be turned into motivation, depending on what we're talking about.  In terms of relationships, I just get quiet, keep to myself even more and become a little cold/short. I'm not argumentative or confrontational, but you'll know I'm pissed or upset
you're passive aggressi'. like me. lolz :supluv: I get the same way when I feel some type of way, if I feel hurt more so. Not jealous.

I handle envy pretty much the same way as everyone's stated in here, including you. Turning it into motivation is a fabulously productive way to make something out of nothing.

BranLover

Remind myself that I don't know what that person had to endure to obtain the blessing(s) they have. And I'd imagine how it would make me feel if someone discredited the blessings I have without knowing how hard I worked for them. I turn that emotion into a positive thought.

Herb.

Quote from: NexTae on October 18, 2015, 05:02:21 PM
Remind myself that I don't know what that person had to endure to obtain the blessing(s) they have. And I'd imagine how it would make me feel if someone discredited the blessings I have without knowing how hard I worked for them. I turn that emotion into a positive thought.
:stressed:

ugh. Your honesty is appreciated luv. Beautiful. I love how you think just a bit negatively in order to think positively . What matters is the end result.

BranLover

I don't know how I would handle it in a relationship now. I imagine the same way I do in any other instance.

SUPREME

Quote from: Stewie on October 18, 2015, 04:18:24 PM
Quote from: SUPREME on October 18, 2015, 04:07:55 PM
The few times I've experienced it, i didn't know how to handle it because I've always told myself I'm the best Antonio i can be

So when it happened i got angry ncncnccn

And of course it was within a relationship

waitt
why do you think I'm called ton fag

BranLover

Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 05:04:01 PM

ugh. Your honesty is appreciated luv. Beautiful. I love how you think just a bit negatively in order to think positively . What matters is the end result.

Thanks luv. I'd say realistically instead of negatively though.

Herb.

October 18, 2015, 05:09:35 PM #25 Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:11:33 PM by Herbie
Quote from: NexTae on October 18, 2015, 05:06:00 PM

Well what we see as their end result is the positive, what they had to endure, we'd assume that some of that history may include a bit of negative or unsavory experiences. Reality is in such a large part negativity. Turning on the news for 10 minutes will confirm that. That's what I meant by thinking negatively. :wub: Not in a bad way. I know what you mean. We don't know their struggle. So why continue to envy their success.

BranLover

Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 05:09:35 PM

Well what we see as their end result is the positive, what they had to endure, we'd assume that some of that history may include a bit of negative or unsavory experiences. Reality is in such a large part negativity. Turning on the news for 10 minutes will confirm that. That's what I meant by thinking negatively. :wub: Not in a bad way.

I know you didn't mean it in a bad way and I love how you just put this. :wub:

Herb.

Quote from: NexTae on October 18, 2015, 05:11:14 PM
Quote from: Herbie on October 18, 2015, 05:09:35 PM

Well what we see as their end result is the positive, what they had to endure, we'd assume that some of that history may include a bit of negative or unsavory experiences. Reality is in such a large part negativity. Turning on the news for 10 minutes will confirm that. That's what I meant by thinking negatively. :wub: Not in a bad way.

I know you didn't mean it in a bad way and I love how you just put this. :wub:
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Relationship jealousy is a big pne for me   career and material things not so much

But :(

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Vix

I've never been jealous....of anything. But naturally it's ok to be jealous in a relationship....I think people are afraid of losing something naturally so yea jealously is normal