I feel bad for people who are racially ambiguous.

Started by Herb., October 19, 2015, 09:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarseyWerner

Quote from: Herbie on October 19, 2015, 10:33:05 PM
Quote from: CarseyWerner on October 19, 2015, 10:24:24 PM
Quote from: Herbie on October 19, 2015, 09:33:20 PM
I know a lot of us blacks give a slight  " :plea:  :overit: " when mixed people begin talking about how tough it is growing up with racial ambiguity.....

oh! struggle! must be hard! :overit:

But it makes sense to me. There's a sense of power in knowing which community you belong to without a doubt. We know we're black. Our skin is dark. Even lighter skinned blacks usually have African features. In other words, you can tell they're a light skinned black person. LOL.

But to go without really fitting in with any crowd at all, I'd imagine that can be hard. Does anyone see what I am saying?
No, I think people like Paula Abdul, Rita Ora, and Nicole Scherzinger have it easy. They have the ability to blend into different circles without any questions asked. They're allowed to just be the "American's " that Raven-Symone wants access to. Seems like they're free from carrying the baggage of racial stereotypes
I never addressed how "easy" they have it on the pedestal that society places them on; this thread is more in regard to the feelings many of them may face when trying to fit in, especially during childhood. I've heard countless stories of ambiguous looking people who faced shade from both sides of the family (not fitting in with their white side, not quite accepted by the black side, etc).
Yeah I guess it's similar to the LGBT "struggle". For years I thought queer people were the only minority group who didn't come from a family who were just like them, which subtract's an empathetic support system, however,  Now I can add Muggles to that list.
Je voudrais apprendre ? conna?tre si je pourrais ?tre, le genre de fille que vous pourriez ?tre en baisse pour

Cowgirl

Miranda

Don't be lol. I never struggled.
Just because you are racially ambiguous doesn't mean, you can't blend in.
:raycharles2urmess:

AIDS!

Quote from: BowDown on October 19, 2015, 10:51:07 PM
Blacks can be really rude tbqfh.
:overit:
you called one of us a 'soot nigger bitch' not too long ago
Keep that half Italian heritage in check bitch

iman

iman

Quote from: Miranda on October 20, 2015, 02:41:41 AM
Don't be lol. I never struggled.
Just because you are racially ambiguous doesn't mean, you can't blend in.
:raycharles2urmess:

n

racially ambiguous means you can't blend in tho :ohwow: people are asking where you're from and your ethnicity all the time.

you look black tbh

AIDS!

Miranda

October 20, 2015, 05:14:21 AM #26 Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 05:15:04 AM by Miranda
People are confused about my race every time. But when I tell them I'm Arab I get no questions asked, when I tell them I'm black the same.

They are not sure if I'm "black" but when I say I am they accept me as black / believe me (for the most part).

Herb.

October 20, 2015, 06:02:26 AM #28 Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 06:08:24 AM by Herbie
Malcolm you have a Middle Eastern look to you. Which is why no one questions you when you say Arab.
If I were to put a turban on you, you'd fit right in.
Racial ambiguity means that your look is unable to be placed into one slot by anyone.

It means that by appearance -- you could be white. maybe Hispanic. Possibly light skinned black.
Ambiguity means that ANY race could look at you and identify with your appearance.

Especially whites. Which is why ambiguous looking people are seen as having it "easy".
for their ability to perch next to Josh and Becky and remain undetected.