Do ppl still listen to Bootylicious or Survivor?

Started by Admin, January 24, 2018, 09:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RatherBe

Quote from: Baph al Mana. on January 24, 2018, 09:59:04 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on January 24, 2018, 09:54:54 PM
And also, I remember one of those songs being used on a commercial last year or the year before

I think it was for candy crush

!!!!!!!!!

:dead:
queen 'chelle

ssw4919

January 25, 2018, 12:18:38 AM #46 Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:18:51 AM by ssw4919
Quote from: squid on January 24, 2018, 09:52:54 PM
Shit, the whole damn Survivor era?

Other girl group songs like Waterfalls, No Scrubs, Wannabe or Don't Cha still get played and have become cult classics.

I feel like the Survivor era has been forgotten and didn't produce any classics in the long run. However Say My Name and Lose My Breath are classics I would say. I still think Survivor was a rushed and badly produced album, maybe that's why.

That album was garbage since its release.

The only tracks I ever liked from it were Emotions and the Rockwilder Bootylicious remix.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Lazarus on January 24, 2018, 10:10:54 PM
I don't consider them necessarily classics but I still bump them.

Survivor is a guilty pleasure album.
They're not classics just popular when they were out. 
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Harlem

Just revisited the Bootylicious Remix... that shit still grooves... the original ehhhhhh

Vonc2002

I could see an argument for indepent  women being a classic. Other than that every other single is forgettable and trash af
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Young

hotep.

Emotions was the only song that aged well from that album.

But the Bootylicious remix >>>

Vonc2002

Quote from: Gimmieabeat on January 25, 2018, 01:10:44 AM
Emotions was the only song that aged well from that album.

But the Bootylicious remix >>>
Oh I forgot emotions was a single.  Yea That one too

Rxxf

Survivor is a sloppy mess of an album
But it served its purpose

Independent women, tho >
BRANDY

Rxxf

when u have songs like "unpretty", "no scrubs", "waterfalls" standing unbothered...
that survivor era is a damn joke
BRANDY

Admin

Quote from: TheNextLew on January 24, 2018, 11:08:31 PM
I want footage of beyonce producing songs
I heard she was always pressing the power button of the studio equipment.

Rxxf

BRANDY

Vonc2002

b7

They?re huge songs but they didn?t age well, that?s for sure

I love how Kelly sounds on the booty remix though