Bow Wow Says Diddy Calling Him a 'F---ing Legend' Made Him Return to Music

Started by Lazarus, February 24, 2018, 11:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

First of all, I never said it sold 2 million. I said she refers to her debut as double platinum. Secondly, RIAA is based off shipments and plaques are brought by labels and artists. Mya's debut shipped double platinum though. It's possible her label never paid for another plaque. Thirdly, there are tons of artists who are awarded double platinum plaques but never sold 2 million either. ie Ginuwine, Maxwell, Monica's debut, etc.

Lazarus

And first-album sales by Britney Spears (12 million) and Christina Aguilera (6 million) have far surpassed the 2 million copies sold of Mya's debut.

http://ew.com/article/2000/04/25/mya-battles-her-record-label-over-her-new-album/

yummy

RAY7

Quote from: Lazarus on February 26, 2018, 12:51:44 PM
And first-album sales by Britney Spears (12 million) and Christina Aguilera (6 million) have far surpassed the 2 million copies sold of Mya's debut.

http://ew.com/article/2000/04/25/mya-battles-her-record-label-over-her-new-album/
wow so Queen did sell2 million on her debut
but I would think Fear of Flying sold more
she seemed to be overall more popular at the time

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Genesis

Quote from: Lazarus on February 26, 2018, 12:49:11 PM
First of all, I never said it sold 2 million. I said she refers to her debut as double platinum. Secondly, RIAA is based off shipments and plaques are brought by labels and artists. Mya's debut shipped double platinum though. It's possible her label never paid for another plaque. Thirdly, there are tons of artists who are awarded double platinum plaques but never sold 2 million either. ie Ginuwine, Maxwell, Monica's debut, etc.
But WHERE IS MYAS AWARD FOR THIS SHIPMENT  :plzstop:

Genesis

We?ve seen artists who SELL more than their certified plaque. Thats normal.

We have NEVER heard of someone who SHIPPED more than what they were certified for

Mya?s flop ass is not exclusive to this rule. It was a typo.  :plzstop:

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Genesis on February 26, 2018, 01:41:07 PM
We?ve seen artists who SELL more than their certified plaque. Thats normal.

We have NEVER heard of someone who SHIPPED more than what they were certified for

Mya?s flop ass is not exclusive to this rule. It was a typo.  :plzstop:
huh

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Scott.

This mf really irks me with this shit. Never know wtf it?s talking about

b7

Quote from: AYR on February 25, 2018, 07:35:00 PM
so when Monica actually still put 7 over her AEOM songs on ATS its shelved and not a name change
but when Ciara actually scraps multiple songs from her album and puts out a completely different album with NONE of the same songs
its just a name change?
dffffgggg i still can?t believe Monica experienced a shelved anything, as big she was. Is it Blaque?

and i remember Ci?s ?Boy outta here? single cover but did that song even come out

🦚

Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/