The Breakfast Club: Beyonce vs Michael Jackson

Started by .betterwiseup, April 17, 2018, 12:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlowerBomb

hhhhh I think you guys are getting carried away now :dead:
Not Britney :uhh:

No one said the dancing thing alone makes MJ a better performer, it's one of the only things he's better than Beyonce at.
Michael could kill intense choreography come out of it, freestyle and hop back in with the rest of the dancers effortlessly, his showmanship
I think most people in this thread agreed that Beyonce is a better all around performer/entertainer than Michael.

If you took out the production, lights, back up singers and dancers, they'd BOTH still give you a show because their raw talent, charisma, presence and performance skills>>>
But Beyonce's singing ability and stamina out does Michaels by far.

FlowerBomb

Quote from: 1RIG on April 18, 2018, 06:30:04 AM

Y?all get dancing confused with performance all the time on here, IMO.
dddd because J-Lo technically is a better dancer than Beyonce, but who puts on a better show?

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Genesis on April 17, 2018, 10:51:49 PM
Quote from: BowDown on April 17, 2018, 10:26:13 PM
Quote from: Young on April 17, 2018, 10:24:19 PM
Michael >>>
He was great but Jans and Bey are just.. better lols
Explain how janet is better because i dont think the rest of the world caught that false statement
I don't think Janet is better, but I think they're neck and neck in terms of performance.
She def had more agility, and tackled more intense choreography whilst singing live in her prime

LOONA.

If Beyonc? NEVER danced, she?d still be an incredible performer. That?s the difference

n

!!!!!

Being a dancer doesn't automatically make you a performer.  Alot of people are better dancers than Bey anyway, but she'd still smoke them onstage.  :dead:   

Ma Lo

Why are a man and a woman being compared to each other in the first place?  Michael and Beyonce are totally different artists, and again its a man and a woman . Men and women approach music differently. It's just a dumb comparison to begin with.

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: Guilty on April 18, 2018, 08:06:25 AM

No one said the dancing thing alone makes MJ a better performer, it's one of the only things he's better than Beyonce at.
Michael could kill intense choreography come out of it, freestyle and hop back in with the rest of the dancers effortlessly, his showmanship
I think most people in this thread agreed that Beyonce is a better all around performer/entertainer than Michael.

If you took out the production, lights, back up singers and dancers, they'd BOTH still give you a show because their raw talent, charisma, presence and performance skills>>>

But where does originality come into play when talking about being entertained?

I?ve seen what Beyonce has done before. Not only from herself but from whatever her muse is at the moment, and her copycats. During Michael?s era people where seeing that for the first time. Even after doing it millions of times it was still pretty exclusive to him.

It?s always going to be more entertaining to see something for the first time rather that a remix of what you?ve seen before.

FlowerBomb

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on April 18, 2018, 08:44:25 AM
Quote from: Guilty on April 18, 2018, 08:06:25 AM

But where does originality come into play when talking about being entertained?

I?ve seen what Beyonce has done before. Not only from herself but from whatever her muse is at the moment, and her copycats. During Michael?s era people where seeing that for the first time. Even after doing it millions of times it was still pretty exclusive to him.

It?s always going to be more entertaining to see something for the first time rather that a remix of what you?ve seen before.
Yh but we're talking about natural talent here on stage.
Michael was a trendsetter, no one else was doing what he did before him, we'd never seen anyone sing and dance like before, incorporate heavy choreography in video's or on stage like that until Janet came along :dead:
Beyonce has come from generations of entertainers and performers so of course some of her aesthetic and style are going to be heavily influenced.
Where her originality lies is the way she able to debut her projects and present them to us.
i.e the digital drop and the visual album.

Michael on the other hand, found what worked for his didn't really elevate his performance style, choreography or aesthetic

4 fucking k

Quote from: BowDown on April 17, 2018, 10:26:13 PM
Quote from: Young on April 17, 2018, 10:24:19 PM
Michael >>>
He was great but Jans and Bey are just.. better lols

n

Let's not get carried away cause Tran ain't better than her brother. Please.

4 fucking k

If Beyonc? NEVER danced, she?d still be an incredible performer. That?s the difference

n

Yea

The gorls are losing it a bit.

Like... they acting like the bitch can't just stand in one place and give a PERFORMANCE. Please.

4 fucking k

Quote from: Isolation. on April 17, 2018, 01:29:42 PM
Quote from: Andrais. on April 17, 2018, 01:28:57 PM
All I see is the same dance moves and same outfit in every single MJ vidya.

MJ stans seem to think performing is only about dancing.     

:omf:
n
d

4 fucking k

Quote from: Sl?i Tengo Dinero en Bolsa on April 17, 2018, 01:38:15 PM
Young and this herb level of fake stanning  :kii:

You?ve done everything besides post an impressive performance that could rival bey on an OFF day.

Wtf man!

4 fucking k

Purple Moon

What about Whitney? Her stage presence is unmatched, she only had to walk on stage without saying a single word and would command the fucking audience.
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...