bent, may and bowdown r racists

Started by asdfghjkl, October 26, 2015, 06:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowgirl

What the fuck? Her resisting to get up has nothing to do with this excessive force. :uhh:

Herb.

October 26, 2015, 11:34:11 PM #31 Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 11:35:42 PM by Herbie
Quote from: BowDown on October 26, 2015, 11:29:04 PM
What the fuck? Her resisting to get up has nothing to do with this excessive force. :uhh:
I think you're confusing justification with relation.

It's not justified, but the two are related.

If he's questioned about this incident, I'm quite sure he will bring up her resistance. It will be his primary excuse for his actions. So there is a relation. Had she not resisted, where would his excuse lie?

And don't confuse this for me saying it's a good excuse. Again, his actions are unjustifiable.

Stewie

i mean how is the POLICE being contacted because a student won't leave class?

WEAK ass, horrible teacher

Herb.

Quote from: Stewie on October 26, 2015, 11:36:35 PM
i mean how is the POLICE being contacted because a student won't leave class?

WEAK ass, horrible teacher
Depends on where the school is.

In NYC, cops were actually in the school. :dead:

Cowgirl

Quote from: Herbie on October 26, 2015, 11:34:11 PM

If he's questioned about this incident, I'm quite sure he will bring up her resistance. It will be his primary excuse for his actions. So there is a relation. Had she not resisted, where would his excuse lie?
Resistance was the wrong word. There was a lack of compliance but she didn't resist the arrest.

Herb.

Quote from: BowDown on October 26, 2015, 11:38:19 PM

Resistance was the wrong word. There was a lack of compliance but she didn't resist the arrest.
You used the word "resisting" yourself.

Herb.

October 26, 2015, 11:40:48 PM #36 Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 11:41:03 PM by Herbie
And to resist is to simply act in opposition of what you are instructed to do. I think when we think of "resistance" we picture someone screaming FUCK THE POLICE! OH HELL NAH! Resistance is a very simple action, and it can be as calm as birds chirping outside.

asdfghjkl

Cowgirl

Quote from: Herbie on October 26, 2015, 11:39:29 PM
Quote from: BowDown on October 26, 2015, 11:38:19 PM

You used the word "resisting" yourself.
I was talking about myself when I said it was the wrong word. Don't come for me, I said what I said.
:overit:

Herb.

Not coming for you, love. We're just chatting

Code Red: itsMista

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on October 26, 2015, 06:50:12 PM
That's not to say that he didn't go overboard, because he did, but why not just get up instead of provoking the situation? She should have just done what the teacher said to prevent the cops from being called in the first place.

U should like him

Cowgirl

Quote from: Herbie on October 26, 2015, 11:40:48 PM
And to resist is to simply act in opposition of what you are instructed to do. I think when we think of "resistance" we picture someone screaming FUCK THE POLICE! OH HELL NAH! Resistance is a very simple action, and it can be as calm as birds chirping outside.
Not seeing her resisting the arrest though. She resisted in the sense that she didn't follow an order. If an officer asks you a question and you refuse to answer, this is "resistance" but doesn't constitute a third period body slam and dragging.

BAPHOMET.

What language is this...

Herb.

October 26, 2015, 11:47:54 PM #44 Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 11:50:26 PM by Herbie
I wouldn't say she "provoked" him. Now that's a strong word IMO.
Maybe she was simply in her feelings and felt that she should not have been removed from the class.
She is a child. This is how children behave sometimes.

But I think more parents should let their kids know the importance of following instruction of adults who are in charge, whether it be in the school, the church, wherever.

My best friend is a black woman and has a son. He's only 11, but she's already getting him ready for real life as a black man in America...little by little. Upon request, he can recite "yes sir, no sir", and other replies she's taught him to give if ever unnecessarily stopped by a pale demon.

She's more concerned about her son's safety than she is him being an activist. And her being a mother, I cannot blame her. Still not full proof, mess could still go down regardless. But The less excuses that are available, the harder time they'll have explaining their actions.