Janet Jackson: what went wrong?

Started by Zabi., May 09, 2018, 12:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDawg

Quote from: dark goth outta tha box gorl on May 09, 2018, 12:23:03 PM
Quote from: Guilty on May 09, 2018, 12:21:50 PM
A Nicki Minaj stan asking about the status of someone's whose career spans 4 decades is hilarious to me.
HGBJNMCMMMMMMMMMMMMN,GB.F

welp!
break times zab'! brb

:plzstop: :dead:

LOONA.

Nicki will be lucky to have 0.00000000000000000001% of the impact and legacy Jans has.   

fedswatchin

Jans is dusty. Anybody ever notice how she was never really cute?

BigDawg

Ggg I mean the woman has been in the industry since the tender age of like twelve, it?s okay if her mess dips a lil... she?s solidified already.

Gekkouga

May 09, 2018, 12:30:42 PM #19 Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 12:31:41 PM by Justaway
Yeah she's a 80s pop/ 90s r&b icon and stuff. Palpable Legacy. That's undeniable.

Just..not on Mariah/Retha/Madge etc level.

Zabi.

Quote from: Guilty on May 09, 2018, 12:21:50 PM
A Nicki Minaj stan asking about the status of someone's whose career spans 4 decades is hilarious to me.

Stay on topic, love. You're more than welcome to create a thread about Nicki if you'd like.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Zabi. on May 09, 2018, 12:11:12 PM
- Cancelled festivals
- Cancelled tours
- Flop sales
- Underwhelming streams
- The younger generation don't remember any of her hits
- Last year, BET posted an article on how Janet was the most disrespected pop icon (https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bet.com/music/2017/04/11/janet-jackson-divorce-opinion.amp.html)

What happened to sis?

:omf: :omf: :omf:
Zabi, you have some fucking nerve sis.

Ultra goodbye ciao cya gorl

zab' kick bowds ass once n for all

Cowgirl

Cowgirl

And nothing went ?wrong,? she just hasn?t been concerned about her legacy as much as her peers have been about their own. I think she?s ready to change that now that she?s not with Isis and stuff tho..

African Queen

It all went downhill after the Superbowl. It brought about the eventual decline of female performers after 40 a bit earlier for her. All of that doesn't matter because she still makes quality music.

BAPHOMET.

whatever

May 09, 2018, 04:31:36 PM #28 Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 04:32:19 PM by whatever
Super Bowl.

The whispering.

Bad single choices.

Not becoming thirsty for media attention ( I respect that about her)

Not collaborating with the younger generation like Madonna did. Madonna was a real leech and would grab who was ever hot at the moment. Jan should've snatched Ciara up instead of Nelly back in 2006(?) Ciara was on fire...

She also should've snatched Chris brown up and did soemthing with him.

Not using her power and snatching hot songs like jlo used to do....

Now she's basically irrelevant by the younger generation...she didn't utilize those younger than her..

Can't believe she never did any song with usher.

whatever

She wasn't even in the stand up tribute lol... where the fuck was sis at back then. She's always missing in action.