Wow BET are some dumb bitches

Started by AIDS!, October 29, 2015, 07:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: Herbie on October 29, 2015, 09:10:21 AM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on October 29, 2015, 08:15:19 AM
Quote from: Herbie on October 29, 2015, 08:05:15 AM
I'm torn on this one.

Based on this article, I can understand why BET may be moving toward a more neutral (but not necessarily totally neutral) stance on something like this. But I have to do my own research on what this Million March stands for before I can totally be for or against this move.
I'm quite sure it's about more than encouraging violence against white people. :plzstop:

Yeah they basically minimized the entire movement to a violent act of terror against the few hundred white people who occasionally watch a movie rerun on BET.

And that producer's statement is too silly to even acknowledge.
:dead: :dead:
:plzstop:

I honestly think BET is eventually going to simply acknowledge its acronym and drop what it actually stands for .  I see it headed in that direction. And honestly I can understand that. We're no longer in a time where blacks are scarce on TV. But we have yet to see whether this whole wave of black sitcoms and dramas is simply a trend or not.

They need to give it 5-10 more years before they start ripping pieces of black out of BET.

Totally agree. Just change the name. I wouldnt be mad.

Herb.

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on October 29, 2015, 09:18:51 AM
I'm torn on this one.

Based on this article, I can understand why BET may be moving toward a more neutral (but not necessarily totally neutral) stance on something like this. But I have to do my own research on what this Million March stands for before I can totally be for or against this move.
I'm quite sure it's about more than encouraging violence against white people. :plzstop:

Yeah they basically minimized the entire movement to a violent act of terror against the few hundred white people who occasionally watch a movie rerun on BET.

I honestly think BET is eventually going to simply acknowledge its acronym and drop what it actually stands for .  I see it headed in that direction. And honestly I can understand that. We're no longer in a time where blacks are scarce on TV. But we have yet to see whether this whole wave of black sitcoms and dramas is simply a trend or not.

They need to give it 5-10 more years before they start ripping pieces of black out of BET.

:cheerup:

Stewie

the network is god awful anyway.......

steven hill and debra mills (whatever her name is) need to be fired and replaced with someone that can actually bring great black programming

throwintheTAL

Jarvis Robinson can't have a functioning brain

Kurama

The Brandy Barbie

Quote from: SUPREME on October 29, 2015, 08:18:20 AM
Well they're owned by whites

Exactly! This is why you don't hand your business over to white people.

rosone1

Quote from: BigDawg on October 29, 2015, 08:11:01 AM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on October 29, 2015, 08:04:39 AM
QuoteWhite people are our biggest audience and I think it would be idiotic for to offend them.

n

wow
J

Since when  :plzstop:
!!!!

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: ANIMMAI on October 29, 2015, 08:04:39 AM
QuoteWhite people are our biggest audience and I think it would be idiotic for to offend them.

n

wow
fdsdfmmmm

EBT gir plea!
:nowgorl:

Bentley!

October 29, 2015, 11:15:32 AM #25 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:16:18 AM by Bentley!
:dead:
Sad, but it's not shocking

They're owned by whites. Tbh, they need to just do away with it.
I've always thought EBT was a way to influence Black America from within it's own trends.

Just thinking about all the programming on there that young black ppl have seen and taken in .... ultimately guided by white ppl. It's a control mechanism.

thy couldn't pull the strings quietly when they saw "Justice or Else" tho :dead:

Pearls Khan

not overlooking the most monumental example of peaceful protest of the 'black man' to suit the comfort levels of whites.

fckn ROT.

Cowgirl

Being that BET is a Viacom company..

GYNandTONIC

I do kind of wish no stars show up at the next BET awards.  :justabit:

That woukd be edgy as fuck!!!!! Lmfao

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on October 29, 2015, 09:18:51 AM
I'm torn on this one.

Whats wrong with the name have they convinced u that black entertainment is wrong?

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different