what's the obsession with blackface :uhh: I don't get it

Started by iman, October 30, 2015, 12:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAPHOMET.

Herb.

In any case, I love being dark skinned. By any standard.
It's a representation of my genetic makeup and its rich history.

iman

Quote from: Herbie on October 30, 2015, 12:46:32 AM
Quote from: iman on October 30, 2015, 12:45:19 AM
Quote from: Herbie on October 30, 2015, 12:33:00 AM
Quote from: Baphomet. on October 30, 2015, 12:13:05 AM
Nicki isn't even Dark. b

White people can be so stupid.
they see us all as niggers hun.  lolz

the light skin vs caramel hazelnut with dips of light steam milked vs chocolate brown medium rare mocha ....all mess we created within the commun'

I used to think this until an Asian lady said some BS to me and my mom  :ermm:
But Asians have colorism in their community as well
you gotta remember that

I can see how white people may see us, because honestly when I see Asians or Indians I'm not really examining who's lighter or darker than the other.  :dead: :plzstop: Kinda don't care. :dead:

That's true. But look at the white dude just drew on a beard and voila! he thinks he's Drake :letsmessfag:

Makes me wonder if he doesn't see him as black like the girl sees Nicki :ohwow:

and I remember Rihanna's management (they're white) saying she's hot because she's "not too dark."

Cowgirl

White people see shades but they don't get caught up in them as people of color do. As mentioned before "they see us all as niggers."

Herb.

Quote from: iman on October 30, 2015, 12:56:54 AM
Nicki isn't even Dark. b

the light skin vs caramel hazelnut with dips of light steam milked vs chocolate brown medium rare mocha ....all mess we created within the commun'

you gotta remember that

I can see how white people may see us, because honestly when I see Asians or Indians I'm not really examining who's lighter or darker than the other.  :dead: :plzstop: Kinda don't care. :dead:

That's true. But look at the white dude just drew on a beard and voila! he thinks he's Drake :letsmessfag:

and I remember Rihanna's management (they're white) saying she's hot because she's "not too dark."
True, and you have Michael infamously bleaching his skin...I know he wasn't doing that for us because we tore into his ass about it. :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

I just don't understand why people do things like that to themselves. Damage your skin, damage your hair, damaging ourselves to please people that still won't let us sit at their table unless we're considerably wealthy or influential (in other words, useful in some way to them).

Herb.

Quote from: BowDown on October 30, 2015, 01:00:26 AM
White people see shades but they don't get caught up in them as people of color do. As mentioned before "they see us all as niggers."
I can agree with that.

iman

v

That's obvious. :uhh: Thanks for the tidbit.

Cowgirl

iman

Quote from: Herbie on October 30, 2015, 01:02:13 AM
Quote from: iman on October 30, 2015, 12:56:54 AM
Nicki isn't even Dark. b

you gotta remember that

True, and you have Michael infamously bleaching his skin...I know he wasn't doing that for us because we tore into his ass about it. :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

I just don't understand why people do things like that to themselves. Damage your skin, damage your hair, damaging ourselves to please people that still won't let us sit at their table unless we're considerably wealthy or influential (in other words, useful in some way to them).

White supremacy :stressed: The gors are brainwashed

Young

Quote from: iman on October 30, 2015, 01:03:39 AM

v

Sddddddddddddddddddddddd

Herb.

There was one thing that surprised me....I planned on keeping it to myself but this is an appropriate moment to share. Earlier this week, a white woman at my job was talking about my hair, and referred to it as "good hair". Me being black, immediately I gave a :diddraispoot: , but she said it so casually, with no laugh or giggle (as we do when we use that term). I'd never heard a white person use that term before. But I really don't think she meant it like WE use it. As in, she wasn't implying that it is "superior" in any way.

She was simply telling me that some "Caucasians" pay to create the spirals that naturally occur in my hair. And honestly it made me feel good to see a white person wanting something that we can get naturally. Part of me was cautious and had a slight sense that she was patronizing me in some way :udontlookok: , but I could tell she was being sincere. I am a member of NaturallyCurly forum, and I do see white women there yearning for a perfect spiral.

We're so used to wanting to be them, we don't realize how many of them want to be us. Bigger lips, bigger hips, butt jobs.....

I still was a little :diddraispoot: at her using that term, though. But I honestly don't think she knows the history behind it. Otherwise I think she would have kept that to herself. This is why I think a lot of white people don't really go so hard into "little things" as we do.

throwintheTAL

Quote from: iman on October 30, 2015, 01:03:39 AM

v

omfff
fnff
f
ffvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv;

Kaeli.

That bitch just had to get a slight tan to do Nicki. Not her acting like Nicki is darkskinned. Ignorant cunt

CarseyWerner

Quote from: Herbie on October 30, 2015, 01:17:49 AM
And honestly it made me feel good to see a white person wanting something that we can get naturally.
:rudone:
Je voudrais apprendre ? conna?tre si je pourrais ?tre, le genre de fille que vous pourriez ?tre en baisse pour