Brandy Promoted to Series Regular for 'Star' Season 3

Started by clutch, July 02, 2018, 02:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: D.I.E.G.O. on July 02, 2018, 04:50:59 PM
I wonder how she?s going to handle having to put on weight for the role and slimming down to promote new music, depending on when it comes out.

She doesnt have to be the size she was to play cassie
It was never a requirement

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Rxxf

Brandy is such a damn inspiration.
SIS won't let up!!!
:stressed:
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: clutch on July 02, 2018, 02:09:31 PM
Cassie is sticking around on Star. 

Brandy Norwood, who portrays the character has just been upped to series regular status for Season 3.

She began recurring in Season 2 as Carlotta (Queen Latifah)'s lethal, drug kingpin sister, Cassie.

This will also answer questions as to Cassie's fate in the show, as the final scene of Season 2 showed Carlotta and Cassie in a Russian Roulette cliffhanger. It was two out of three cliffhanger scenes for the finale, one being Noah (Luke James) on the dangling from the rooftop of a building and a plane crash that may have involved Alex (Ryan Destiny), Simone (Brittany O'Grady) or Cotton (Amiyah Scott).

Star is Brandy's third series regular role - the first since the short-lived Zoe Ever After on BET and of course, the second after the 90s classic, Moesha. 

Featuring a soundtrack of original music and musical performances, Star follows three talented singers (played by Jude Demorest, Ryan Destiny and Brittany O?Grady), desperate for a new start and with ambitions of stardom, as they navigate the cutthroat music business on their road to success. The show also stars Queen Latifah, Benjamin Bratt, Amiyah Scott, Miss Lawrence, Luke James, Brandy and Quincy Brown. Recurring cast members added for season two include Evan Ross, Elijah Kelley, Keke Palmer, Patti LaBelle and La La Anthony.

The music-themed drama has had strong ratings since its 2016 premiere and ranks third among Fox dramas, behind juggernaut Empire and only a little bit behind freshman standout 9-1-1. 

In March, for the first time, Star beat top-ranked ABC comedy Modern Family in the coveted 18-49 demo.

Deadline exclusively broke the news of Norwood's new status with the show.

https://shadowandact.com/brandy-promoted-to-series-regular-for-star-season-3

4th series regular role... They forgot the THE GAME.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: AYR on July 02, 2018, 02:15:24 PM
Hmm Im excited but hope this doesn?t mess up the music release

If anything... it could help.

STAR is a musical show.
BRANDY

Rxxf

BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: VirgoMind on July 02, 2018, 05:53:35 PM
I am so happy for this woman. I KNEW she was gonna become a regular when her arc was extended. The general public loves her character and for good reason.
BRANDY

Cuban0

Quote from: Rxxf on July 02, 2018, 06:48:18 PM
Quote from: VirgoMind on July 02, 2018, 05:53:35 PM
I am so happy for this woman. I KNEW she was gonna become a regular when her arc was extended. The general public loves her character and for good reason.

Monika

Yahudah

BranLover

Quote from: 1RIG on July 02, 2018, 06:01:05 PM
Quote from: VirgoMind on July 02, 2018, 05:52:15 PM
Quote from: D.I.E.G.O. on July 02, 2018, 04:50:59 PM
I wonder how she?s going to handle having to put on weight for the role and slimming down to promote new music, depending on when it comes out.

It can be apart of her storyline. She?s getting a new look so that she can compete in the music business.
:wellheythere:

I like the way u think

!!! That?s brilliant tbh

b7

Seven

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: 1RIG on July 02, 2018, 09:52:10 PM

Brandy confirmed. Music on the way

music been on the way since the end of the 2/11 era .. did she confirm a release date?? 

Sovereign.

Quote from: 1RIG on July 02, 2018, 09:52:10 PM

Brandy confirmed. Music on the way

If I get a PROPER damn tour  :'(

I've always wanted to see Brandy play Radio City Music Hall!