Keke Wyatt's History with Destiny's Child revealed

Started by RAY7, November 03, 2015, 06:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugo

Quote from: Young on November 03, 2015, 07:59:37 PM
Quote from: L0NZ. on November 03, 2015, 07:52:06 PM
Beyonce "tries."

Her vocal is not effortless.

For instance that "I Care" raw studio video. Those grunts. Strategically placed growls. It's all for show, technical, and not anointed. She's yelling on key for short periods, then grunting. People mistake her technicality and preciseness for something else. Like how Whit just opened her mouth and a belt flew out and she wouldnt flinch. Even Bey's falsetto sounds like its hard for her to do. Very airy and with a lot of effort. The end of "Signs" for example. Just not really natural to me, all tricks.

That lil live "Irreplacable" she did with the group of women around her sitting or whatever. So many people posted that on my timelines like it was just..........amazee. But to me, it was just cute. Sing songy and cute but people swear she was sanging.

There's something so peculiar about her voice. It has fooled so many. I think again, its that "package." Her voice alone is actually very light, almost bland against a lot of people on Glock's list.

Now here you're kinda preaching.
I've kinda been saying this and got dragged.

I think Bey has perfected her voice, knows it, and has an amazing ear as well.

She can do a lot of tricks and growls and sick harmonies but if she was STRIPPED of all of that and had to give a live, raw impromptu mess with some of the great name gorls of today:

Kelly Price
Toni
KeKe
Fantasia
Brandy
Jazmine
Monica
Tamar
Ledisi

She'd have a HARD time on stage with them. And I don't think she'd be able to outshine a majority of them. She's very rehearsed, and calculated. Nothing wrong with that; that's her style of singing. But she lacks a rawness and vulnerability. Bey has NEVER made me cry while singing. Even when those eye dropped tears are flowing on stage.
I don't feel it.

n

Wow yeah Mon slays her too

RekeRig

Bentley!

the backfire of this thread to the OP has just been sensational for me. loving life :feelinmyself:

iman

Quote from: RED on November 03, 2015, 07:57:59 PM
Quote from: iman on November 03, 2015, 07:57:09 PM
Quote from: RED on November 03, 2015, 07:56:40 PM
Faith's tone is epic btw
:loose2when:

Queen of 90's R&B tbh
I have 'Come on Over'
And this layered bridge>>>>>
Bey could never

Jayd'... that's one of my fave songs... ever. Faith is Quee'. I lowkey stan a bit.  :howfestive:

yummy

I'm listening to "Signs" rn and this damn near don't even sound like the same person :dead:

GLOCK

Quote from: RED on November 03, 2015, 08:00:31 PM
'I Love You'

:ohwow:
I don't even play it because when I do I honestly can't turn the shit off

The fucking backgrounds
youre the only one for meh
And I know we're meant to be

Ackkkkkkk,!

AIDS!

Quote from: iman on November 03, 2015, 08:01:32 PM
Faith's tone is epic btw

Queen of 90's R&B tbh
I have 'Come on Over'
Bey could never

Jayd'... that's one of my fave songs... ever. Faith is Quee'. I lowkey stan a bit.  :howfestive:
!!! It's one of her best

iman

Quote from: Baphomet. on November 03, 2015, 07:58:22 PM
I think it comes down to who do you prefer.

Kim Burrell is nice but I dont like her voice at all.

Me too  :ohwow:

GLOCK

Quote from: iman on November 03, 2015, 08:01:32 PM
Faith's tone is epic btw

Queen of 90's R&B tbh
I have 'Come on Over'
Bey could never

:flamebroiled: :flamebroiled: :flamebroiled:

RAY7

Quote from: Young on November 03, 2015, 07:59:37 PM
Quote from: L0NZ. on November 03, 2015, 07:52:06 PM
Beyonce "tries."

Her vocal is not effortless.

For instance that "I Care" raw studio video. Those grunts. Strategically placed growls. It's all for show, technical, and not anointed. She's yelling on key for short periods, then grunting. People mistake her technicality and preciseness for something else. Like how Whit just opened her mouth and a belt flew out and she wouldnt flinch. Even Bey's falsetto sounds like its hard for her to do. Very airy and with a lot of effort. The end of "Signs" for example. Just not really natural to me, all tricks.

That lil live "Irreplacable" she did with the group of women around her sitting or whatever. So many people posted that on my timelines like it was just..........amazee. But to me, it was just cute. Sing songy and cute but people swear she was sanging.

There's something so peculiar about her voice. It has fooled so many. I think again, its that "package." Her voice alone is actually very light, almost bland against a lot of people on Glock's list.

Now here you're kinda preaching.
I've kinda been saying this and got dragged.

I think Bey has perfected her voice, knows it, and has an amazing ear as well.

She can do a lot of tricks and growls and sick harmonies but if she was STRIPPED of all of that and had to give a live, raw impromptu mess with some of the great name gorls of today:

Kelly Price
Toni
KeKe
Fantasia
Brandy
Jazmine
Monica
Tamar
Ledisi

She'd have a HARD time on stage with them. And I don't think she'd be able to outshine a majority of them. She's very rehearsed, and calculated. Nothing wrong with that; that's her style of singing. But she lacks a rawness and vulnerability. Bey has NEVER made me cry while singing. Even when those eye dropped tears are flowing on stage.
I don't feel it.
they would all just be going at it
because they definitely wouldn't just blow Bey away

Hugo

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: RIG on November 03, 2015, 08:00:13 PM
Quote from: Baphomet. on November 03, 2015, 07:58:22 PM
I think it comes down to who do you prefer.

Kim Burrell is nice but I dont like her voice at all.
I like Beyonce a lot more than i like Kim actually

I love runs but thats not why i go up for a lot of these singers in comparison to Bey

I was just using her as an example of someone people go up for.
I dont like the sound of a lot of singers listed in here besides Fanny, Bran'.
and some dont like the sound of Bey.

yummy

Quote from: Glock on November 03, 2015, 08:01:57 PM
Quote from: RED on November 03, 2015, 08:00:31 PM
'I Love You'

:ohwow:
I don't even play it because when I do I honestly can't turn the shit off

The fucking backgrounds
youre the only one for meh
And I know we're meant to be

Ackkkkkkk,!

That, Reasons, and Tears Away. Amaze. All of them.

iman

Quote from: ANIMMAI on November 03, 2015, 08:01:50 PM
I'm listening to "Signs" rn and this damn near don't even sound like the same person :dead:

:stressed: her voice is heavier now. She was more agile back then.