Normani's TWO Calvin Harris Collabs Are OWT!

Started by Freemala Harris, October 22, 2018, 12:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRANCE

She already had a African tinged song with Quavo and then Checklist. And every artist is doing that style now. Im gonna take it that Calvin just wanted to collab with her and do these songs. But I dont want her to be a wagonist. I need a sound thats fresh and an instant bop.

Opposites Attract.

These songs slay and they?re way different than anything she?s done in 5H which is the point. Y?all have to sit with them for a while and get used to solo Mani.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Mel.

saltybitch

These are cute borderline forgettable, its crazy how Love Lies is still gaining spins still on radio and reach new peaks 8 months after it's release  :plzstop:

FlowerBomb

These are subpar from Calvin
He should've given her a "One Kiss" mess

whatever

Slow down sounds like a Dua Lupa reject

Songs are not too bad tho. Not hits but they aren't bad.

whatever

Ok replaying them

Checklist shits that's the one

I know Rihanna would've ate that up

FRANCE

Yeah, Calvin def coulda gave her something better. One thing I will say...her vocals are strong on both songs. She sounds so much better over more urban tinged stuff. I always loved her voice and tone. Calvin just gave her an afro beat for Checklist and everybody's doing that now. From Janet to Ciara to BTS. I just want her to carve out her own sound. When Rih hopped on the scene? Own sound. Ciara? Same. All dem top chicks u can think. These songs sound like material girls like Justine Skye or some random R&B chick would do. But I'm not too worried. Her album stuff I'm sure will be solid. She has no choice but to come hard with all this hype.

Young

Opposites Attract.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

FRANCE

I still love Swing tho. Quavo needs to make that a single and do a vidya for it.

Kalifornia.

Cowboy Nine

These are nice little appetizers before the main course mess.

Slow Down is my fave of the two.

Checklist is cute too. She should have saved that for the album because it gives me summer smash downe.

fedswatchin