Surviving R. Kelly

Started by Marilyn, January 03, 2019, 08:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rxxf

Quote from: LOONA. on January 05, 2019, 04:58:56 PM
As for the music I've never been into R Kelly like that so it won't change much for me     

I'm not a stan.
But he has some classics that STAY on any playlist I make.

:(
BRANDY

Vonc2002

Quote from: Nick'Challa on January 05, 2019, 04:53:56 PM
Quote from: Vivrant Thing on January 05, 2019, 03:46:12 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 05, 2019, 03:44:35 PM
Quote from: Nick'Challa on January 05, 2019, 03:13:27 PM
Quote from: ssw4919 on January 05, 2019, 03:07:24 PM
Quote from: Nick'Challa on January 05, 2019, 02:58:16 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 05, 2019, 02:55:19 PM
How is that got her swag thing from them so hard to believe?  :dead:
She was a young impressionable girl.  Of course they gave her a look and image, which is why that shit didn't last past the 1st album.

true good point ... it was just the fact that SHE said she gave her her swag... i figured R kelly did that

She said she and the other girls did it.  Remember, he trained them to bring other girls into their group.  Those girls just probably showed her how girls in the hood dressed, like they did and the girls he was picking up at the local high schools.  Aaliyah was marketed as ?street but sweet? even though she may not have had the much of the street part herself. 

He was a narcissist and basically had a female version of his own image.  She wore what he wore.

that makes sense.... and you know what r kelly hasnt  really ever successfully put anyone on but aaliyah has he ... and all these damn girls think he is gonna make them a star smh
Boy are u fckn nuts.  R. Kelly is alot of things but he can't be denied musically. He's the reason behind Aaliyah, Spatkle, JS, The Isley Brothers resurgence is because of him.  He was Michael Jackson's last  #1 song, Celine's last number 1 song, etc.  Musically u aren't able to shade R.Kelly
That boy doesn't know shit :dead:
Besides he was a huge star in the 90's, just being under someones wing like that could open doors

Y'all just want any reason to try to come for me ..

Im saying he has not put anyone on since Aaliyah imo I'm not talking about writing hits I'm saying creating a new artist like he did Aaliyah .. stop trying to come for me .. it's old
What you're saying is kinda dumb tho tbh. R Kelly hasnt really tried to put anyone on like he did aaliyah and when he did they got on.  K Michelle is because of R. Kelly too.  Ain't that one of the girls u like. R. Kelly has been instrumental in alot of people's careers new and existing. 
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

This brother of his in that's in jail is an idiot
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Rxxf

So far... this HS setup MESS... is a fucking MESS.

And I agree with the woman.

No one cared because these were black girls.
Had it been white girls, someone would have called the damn police.
BRANDY

Aalonso.

Quote from: Rxxf on January 05, 2019, 04:37:47 PM
Robert is disgusting. No debates.
He did and does need therapy, though.

I feel like I will always love R. Kelly's music and continue to play it. I just love the music that much.

You can listen to Sex Me and Seems Like Youre Ready, knowing he was thinking about kids, and still sing along? Or are you going to go for the Happy People mess because its lighter

4 fucking k

There's just so much mess. Lisa saying she wanted to go with him and her mom thought nothing of it. Sparkle's family. Jerhonda stalking him outside court with her friend.

Rxxf

Quote from: L0NZ. on January 05, 2019, 05:01:52 PM

I feel like I will always love R. Kelly's music and continue to play it. I just love the music that much.

You can listen to Sex Me and Seems Like Youre Ready, knowing he was thinking about kids, and still sing along? Or are you going to go for the Happy People mess because its lighter

My fellow Pisces....
:stressed:
BRANDY

LOONA.

The amount of people that had to be involved in this and covered up his tracks.

What kinda secret society   

Rxxf

Quote from: LOONA. on January 05, 2019, 05:03:33 PM
The amount of people that had to be involved in this and covered up his tracks.

What kinda secret society   

Cult, even.
BRANDY

Lazarus

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 05, 2019, 05:00:58 PM
This brother of his in that's in jail is an idiot

And that's why he's where he's at now.

RAY7

It really is HARD to not like his old music
I really grew up LOVING it. They played the song with Keith Murray on the radio when I was driving and I was ROCKING until I realized it and changed the station

4 fucking k

Quote from: L0NZ. on January 05, 2019, 05:01:52 PM

n

You listen to music with the mindset wondering what the artist's are possibly thinking?  :uhh:

Rxxf

January 05, 2019, 05:08:17 PM #417 Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 05:08:40 PM by Rxxf
I guess my question would be... as I'm watching the Aaliyah segment now...

Do Aaliyah fans appreciate Age aint nothin' a number, the song?
Do y'all listen to it and enjoy it, without reserve?
BRANDY

Scott.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 05, 2019, 02:55:19 PM
How is that got her swag thing from them so hard to believe?  :dead:
She was a young impressionable girl.  Of course they gave her a look and image, which is why that shit didn't last past the 1st album.

Right!

I don?t know why people so mad about that statement.

LOONA.

Quote from: Rxxf on January 05, 2019, 05:08:17 PM
I guess my question would be... as I'm watching the Aaliyah segment now...

Do Aaliyah fans appreciate Age aint nothin' a number, the song?
Do y'all listen to it and enjoy it, without reserve?

I don't even like the song and that's her weakest alb so meh.