Rihanna To Release New Album In Two Weeks? On TIDAL?

Started by throwintheTAL, November 13, 2015, 11:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

throwintheTAL

Rihanna has been on quite the rollercoaster this year.

For, while business is booming and brand endorsements have been growing at a feverish rate, confusion surrounding her music has rendered 2015 her most challenging year yet.

Could the mess finally be set for a mop-up?

According to a report, an attempt could be made in a mere matter of weeks.
The latest on the ?ANTI? roll-out.

Via Hits Daily Double:
QuoteSources say the long-awaited Rihanna album, ANTI (Roc Nation), will make its debut on Jay Z?s Tidal service on 11/27 and go wide at e-tail and retail the following week (12/4). The latter date will mean her full-scale sales bow coincides with that of Coldplay?and comes two weeks after Adele.

News of the potential roll-out comes after it was revealed that a proposed Samsung premiere (akin to that of Jay Z?s ?Magna Carta?) was posing a problem for the chart team at Billboard. The issue? The deal would have allegedly seen the phone giant ?buy? a fixed number of ?ANTI? albums and pass them onto users as a ?free? download.

Per HDD, Billboard would only green-light such scheme if users were presented a download voucher (branded with Rihanna + ANTI) and went on to download the album on their own accord. The issue for Team Rih? That means said users could *technically* use the Rihanna voucher to purchase a? Beyonce album? (for example). Hilarious irony and an obvious no-no for Camp Fenty.

As for this supposed TIDAL arrival, it?s not looking good. We?ve gone to bat for the platform and still see its potential (outside of streaming). But the reality is that it doesn?t have the installed audience to sustain the buzz for more than a day or so after ?ANTI?s debut. And even if it did, releasing at retail a week later is like feeding Rih to the lions. Because not only would it have given the masses time to chew, dissect, and dispose of the LP, it?s that the day the new Coldplay album arrives. Oh and, of course, there?s Adele.

Until we see other, this remains the muckiest of messes.

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2015/11/report-rihanna-release-new-album-two-weeks-tidal/

COD.

I mean.....nothing can save the project at this point. Just release the shit already.
:overit:

Cowboy Nine

Not a TIDAL release first. WOoo!

Adele is gonna be shitting for the rest of the year.

Might as well just throw this flop mess out.

:butwait!: :jackiessales:

JRocka

rihanna gonna be fine regardless..she has her own fanbase

Code Red: itsMista

I'm so sick of all these random dates the media keeps putting out that I'm really over it. Not checking for this or BORdale mess

throwintheTAL

Quote from: LiBra on November 13, 2015, 11:59:43 AM
they're the ones making the #prayforR8 gifs tho

RAY7

N didn't I say she was going to do this?
I wanna bump the thread
niggas tried to act like I was crazy

AIDS!

Plank

JRocka

Quote from: LISlikeliquor on November 13, 2015, 12:01:34 PM

oh shit i didn't know that  :dead: :dead: :dead: but still if she release now she still gonna sell tho 4 5 Seconds was top 5 and BBHMM still went Top 20 which is pretty good considering these songs weren't heavily promoted and American Oxygen flopped due to it being an Tidal release only but still a solid song her fans will support her regardless

RAY7

Quote from: LiBra on November 13, 2015, 12:14:51 PM
Quote from: LISlikeliquor on November 13, 2015, 12:01:34 PM

oh shit i didn't know that  :dead: :dead: :dead: but still if she release now she still gonna sell tho 4 5 Seconds was top 5 and BBHMM still went Top 20 which is pretty good considering these songs weren't heavily promoted and American Oxygen flopped due to it being an Tidal release only but still a solid song her fans will support her regardless
her singles were heavily promoted
She performed on the Grammys, the Iheartradio awards, the NCAA Final Four etc. then had a big premiere of her video on the BET Awards
ppl just don't care

Young

So sad how everything is about the numbers

Trying to find fucking loopholes to get big first week numbers

Just release the damn shit

SUPREME

Sure should do that voucher thing

I'd totally use it on someone else