Nick Cannon is REALLY sick of the shit huh? Calls out Jimmy Fallon and Kimmel

Started by Vonc2002, February 14, 2019, 03:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

QuotenickcannonAre these your Kings of Late Night??? @JimmyFallon @JimmyKimmel you know I?m always on the side of the comedian and never pander to the sensitive, but I feel there needs to be some ?truth & reconciliation? discussions and teachable moments amongst our communities. I?m ready and willing for the discourse, so who wants to step up to the table first? In the meantime, I?ll just leave this right here. Tell the Jimmys to holla at me!??

Im low-key starting to love Nick! This nigga is SICK of white people conveniently bypassing their own indiscretions but trying to persecute black people to the fullest with their past missteps :plzstop:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

CHOKE

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: Chokeme Politely on February 14, 2019, 03:24:18 AM
Don?t see the problem when it?s comedy

Was white chicks racists?
That's a good point (white chicks). Blackface was intended to be funny tho.  It was them ridiculing black people and how we were supposedly idiots so I'm not understanding the "no problem when it's comedy" remark. To them it's supposed to be in jest

Vonc2002

QuoteFebruary 13, 2019

They did this in comidy skits tho like funny skits nothing racial!

black people do skits of white people all the time and its okj!

stop reaching black floks! we as a people cant be this sensative!

Choke's comment made me think about this idiot

Vonc2002

QuotenickcannonHappy ?BLACKFACE? History Month!!! ????? I?m sure we can expect some more ?Apologies? by Monday...

Nick is with ALL the shit huh :plzstop:

CHOKE

Explain the difference

And this is me at my most open minded

So I?m willing to listen and learn a bit

Vonc2002

Quote from: Chokeme Politely on February 14, 2019, 03:39:08 AM

Explain the difference

And this is me at my most open minded

So I?m willing to listen and learn a bit

I think this is valid tbh. So when is blackface inappropriate in your opinion? Could they do blackface on SNL and u think it's ok because "it's comedy"

FlowerBomb

Whiteface isn't rooted in racism or does it have the history Blackface does.
Blackface was invented by white actors to portray black people by wearing tattered clothes and exaggerated our features to look stereotypically "black." It started off by mimicking enslaved Africans on Southern plantations, depicting black people as lazy, ignorant, cowardly or hypersexual, stereotypes which still harm us and limit us today.

Two different things people.

Vonc2002

Choke, funny enough Nick addressed this on his insta

QuotenickcannonTEACHABLE MOMENT: America, There is NO such thing as ?WhiteFace? just like there is no such thing as ?Reverse Racism?. BlackFace and Racism are rooted in and are byproducts of the Institutionalized Oppression of a subjugated people. The racist and severely damaging ?Jim Crow laws? received its name from the BLackface minstrel movement of the 19th century and proceeds to cause pain to this day. A constant reminder that People of color are looked at as second class citizens in this country. Now when you look up the standard definition of ?Whiteface? all you will find is an elite Ski Resort in Upstate NY. This is not a Tit-for-Tat argument. These are FACTS. These recent revealings of people painting themselves black or brown and speaking in broken slang in an attempt to be humorous or have fun; as if our culture is some sort of party trick or costume is unacceptable. Along with @Gucci @Prada @Moncler and any other companies or corporations who wish to exploit our pain. Racism is when an ?elite? group uses its systemic power to enforce harm, hardship, and pain on others. If you don?t understand this, then it probably means you are or benefit from that elite group of privileged oppressors that we speak of. 
ROUND 1 goes to : THE CULTURE ?? Holla at me!!!

FlowerBomb

It's just a no-go area for white people comedy or not.
It's like a white person trying to use the word "nigger" in a joke or "noose" and "black people" in the same joke.
Just nope. Not going anywhere you can't spin that into anything funny or positive :dead:

CHOKE

A SNL skit of Jay and Bey in ?black face? wouldnt offend me.

It?s just trying to imitate another person and their personality/ mannerisms

This would tho

He doesn?t even look human. He?s not imitating anyone. It?s his own racist idea of how all black people look and act