Nick Cannon is REALLY sick of the shit huh? Calls out Jimmy Fallon and Kimmel

Started by Vonc2002, February 14, 2019, 03:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

I just googled whiteface and all that came up was mountains and that Nick cannon picture.  Yea, black people don't even do that shit :dead:
I think nick cannon being in that makeup is gonna take away from his msg tho.  I'm glad he addressed it himself tho before they pulled that pic of him
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Kurama

Quote from: Temper on February 14, 2019, 03:51:22 AM
There's no comparison between blackface and whiteface. Only one has a nasty historical context and was used to opress people. White people have never been oppressed, so whiteface isn't offensive. And if it is, oh well lol!

:oof:

Vonc2002

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:
Lemme find out this nigga may be a lil funny.  I should check out one of his stand ups

Kurama

Quote from: NAOMI!!! on February 14, 2019, 04:13:45 AM
not saying fuck it and just naming him "cotton"
wtf :dead:

See the difference IS guys, you can throw some white paint on and throw a blonde wig on and act "white"? whatever that is....but white people are not at the bottom of the social ladder. These stereotypes are not affecting their income, communities, job prospects ect
Blackface is more than just throwing some black paint on, it's embodying and reinforcing these archaic stereotypes about black people, these stereotypes that STILL limit us today.
Uneducated, not worthy of employment, too sexual, too violent, too dumb, only good for physical labour, good enough to fuck but not good enough to date, big dicks and tits akin to animals ..and it's more than just thoughts, these things actually our lives and health in many ways.
So what if you tell some dumb blonde jokes and pull out a damn ham and cheese sandwich :uhh:
The effect is not the same and never will be the same.
:enchantress:

GLOCK

There's no comparison between blackface and whiteface. Only one has a nasty historical context and was used to opress people. White people have never been oppressed, so whiteface isn't offensive. And if it is, oh well lol!

'ology

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 14, 2019, 03:49:42 AM
Choke, funny enough Nick addressed this on his insta

QuotenickcannonTEACHABLE MOMENT: America, There is NO such thing as ?WhiteFace? just like there is no such thing as ?Reverse Racism?. BlackFace and Racism are rooted in and are byproducts of the Institutionalized Oppression of a subjugated people. The racist and severely damaging ?Jim Crow laws? received its name from the BLackface minstrel movement of the 19th century and proceeds to cause pain to this day. A constant reminder that People of color are looked at as second class citizens in this country. Now when you look up the standard definition of ?Whiteface? all you will find is an elite Ski Resort in Upstate NY. This is not a Tit-for-Tat argument. These are FACTS. These recent revealings of people painting themselves black or brown and speaking in broken slang in an attempt to be humorous or have fun; as if our culture is some sort of party trick or costume is unacceptable. Along with @Gucci @Prada @Moncler and any other companies or corporations who wish to exploit our pain. Racism is when an ?elite? group uses its systemic power to enforce harm, hardship, and pain on others. If you don?t understand this, then it probably means you are or benefit from that elite group of privileged oppressors that we speak of.
ROUND 1 goes to : THE CULTURE ?? Holla at me!!!
Whew he lashed!!!
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

'ology

!!!
And that's it!

'ology

Quote from: NAOMI!!! on February 14, 2019, 03:54:04 AM
QuoteThis idea that the racism has to be blatant in order to be clocked, it's not working at all
see here bitch
:guys:

FlowerBomb

Quote from: 'ology on February 14, 2019, 10:13:13 AM
Quote from: NAOMI!!! on February 14, 2019, 03:54:04 AM
QuoteThis idea that the racism has to be blatant in order to be clocked, it's not working at all
see here bitch
:guys:
CrustLIS' spoke a word though
people these days all racism is is just someone yelling NIGGER in someones face.
Non-POC just can't perceive covert racism, it's baffling to them :dead:

'ology

Black ppl have never had the social dominance in western cultures to make a black person in "white face" offensive nor do we have such a dark disgusting history of treatment of yts. Yts have orchested the dismantaling of every other ethnicity on the planets pride, culture, and self image with blacks having suffered far beyond any other. So jokes or not I see them as internalized fears, stereotypes, and behaviors that they can convinently and convertly broadcast to their medium. Which results in more copying and more direct dehumanizing or black ppl and our culture.

Kurama

FlowerBomb

Quote from: 'ology on February 14, 2019, 10:20:48 AM
Black ppl have never had the social dominance in western cultures to make a black person in "white face" offensive nor do we have such a dark disgusting history of treatment of yts. Yts have orchested the dismantaling of every other ethnicity on the planets pride, culture, and self image with blacks having suffered far beyond any other. So jokes or not I see them as internalized fears, stereotypes, and behaviors that they can convinently and convertly broadcast to their medium. Which results in more copying and more direct dehumanizing or black ppl and our culture.
ackaaaaaaaaaaaaa