Tyra Calls Naomi A Horrible Bully; Fans Lash Her

Started by M-Rocka, July 20, 2019, 05:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowgirl

She could've said the fashion industry was pitting the black girls against each other in a different way without having to throw Naomi under the bus.

Cowgirl

But at the same time, I wouldn't want her to front like the rap girls pretending they sang Ladies Night together every day either..

ton

It's a kii though how Naomi doesn't acknowledge the mess

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Ton on July 20, 2019, 06:24:21 PM
It's a kii though how Naomi doesn't acknowledge the mess
it's beneath queen

FlowerBomb

but ACK her power, imagine being interviewed by WSJ about your projects and mall you're about to build and people only caring about the Naomi portion :omf:

Cowgirl

Quote from: i'll get banned 4 Fox on July 20, 2019, 08:01:42 PM
I'm tired of hearing about this.

I understand it's something that happened very early in her life (before she was an adult) and it's sometimes harder to shake things like that. It's not uncommon for people to still talk about their high school bullies as adults and describe the way it affected them. Jenny Jones used to do whole shows about it. lol

But she needs to seek some counseling at this point if it still is an issue. You're super successful, you're beautiful...count your blessings.

But it may not still be a huge issue for her - she could have felt that this piece of her story was relevant to this interview. But I think the gorls are just tired of hearing about it at this point. And frankly I'm tired too.

It's not my place to tell someone when they should get over something that may have been genuinely traumatic for them. But I'm just tired of hearing about it and I hope she seeks help if it's still an issue. Ultimately I don't have to click the videos to watch her chat about it if I don't want to, though.

So do you gor.
Yea, it sounds like she's trying to shed light on the situation of pitting women (especially women of color) against each other but it wasn't necessary for her to villainize Naomi while doing so since they sat and talked about it.

FlowerBomb

this is like the 3rd time in the last 12 months
:shook:

Cowgirl

Quote from: i'll get banned 4 Fox on July 20, 2019, 08:14:48 PM
Quote from: BowDown on July 20, 2019, 08:09:13 PM
Quote from: i'll get banned 4 Fox on July 20, 2019, 08:01:42 PM
I'm tired of hearing about this.

I understand it's something that happened very early in her life (before she was an adult) and it's sometimes harder to shake things like that. It's not uncommon for people to still talk about their high school bullies as adults and describe the way it affected them. Jenny Jones used to do whole shows about it. lol

But she needs to seek some counseling at this point if it still is an issue. You're super successful, you're beautiful...count your blessings.

But it may not still be a huge issue for her - she could have felt that this piece of her story was relevant to this interview. But I think the gorls are just tired of hearing about it at this point. And frankly I'm tired too.

It's not my place to tell someone when they should get over something that may have been genuinely traumatic for them. But I'm just tired of hearing about it and I hope she seeks help if it's still an issue. Ultimately I don't have to click the videos to watch her chat about it if I don't want to, though.

So do you gor.
Yea, it sounds like she's trying to shed light on the situation of pitting women (especially women of color) against each other but it wasn't necessary for her to villainize Naomi while doing so since they sat and talked about it.
Yeah, after watching the video, I realized the Naomi mess was only a very small portion of the conversation.

Tyra constantly rehashes a lot of stories , anyway. Like the time she ate pizza with her mom and she told her that they were gonna restructure her career, etc. It's not limited to Naomi.

And it's not uncommon for the media to pick the most dramatic or messy part of any interview and put it in the headline for clicks and views. As evidenced by this thread, it works. Here we are - clicking, viewing and chatting it up.

Drogon

Ma Lo

Naomi really did a number on her huh :omf:

But bullying is no laughing matter .. Naomi apologized to this girl on national television.. Fuck else she want?

b7

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on July 20, 2019, 05:46:48 PM
Sorr'' Tyra, we don't beleive you.

Naomi has done an impeccable job of rebranding herself over the last 10 years whereas we see Tyra for the vapid, egomaniac that she is. And let's not even get into how problematic ANTM was.
:omf:

She's quick to call everyone else out but never does any sort of self reflection

GLOCK

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on July 20, 2019, 05:46:48 PM
Sorr'' Tyra, we don't beleive you.

Naomi has done an impeccable job of rebranding herself over the last 10 years whereas we see Tyra for the vapid, egomaniac that she is. And let's not even get into how problematic ANTM was.