HARRIET - TRAILER (In Theaters 11/01)

Started by GLOCK, July 23, 2019, 11:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'ology

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 23, 2019, 01:54:29 PM
Quote from: jtwoeleven on July 23, 2019, 01:50:17 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 23, 2019, 01:47:15 PM
Quote from: jtwoeleven on July 23, 2019, 01:24:26 PM
Y'all who say it's dumb to criticize this, or who say no one has a right to complain, I need y'all to be consistent. Let's keep that same energy across the board, because I distinctly remember the Africans (South Africans?) who were NOT happy at all about Beyoncé just being rumored to play Sara Baartman. So if we're being unreasonable for calling out Cynthia, y'all need to have the same discontent for those who brought the same criticisms.
Beyonce shouldn't be playing anyone, non acting ass.  This bitch sucks as a cartoon. That's reason enough to be in an uproar over her

But see you've already contradicted yourself by quoting that post above that said "black is black". If that's true, stay true to that. If black is black, then that means there's no difference in Beyoncé from Texas, to someone from Kenya. It's not about her acting ability, she's black. So, you can't disqualify her ability to play Sara Baartman by virtue of her blackness.
Are u slow? Idgaf where a bitch is from.  Beyonce ain't the best bitch for ANY role. That bitch could've been born in the same place, at the same time, and on the same damn day.  She ain't the girl for the damn job

Zzzxfxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

jtwoeleven

Y'all who say it's dumb to criticize this, or who say no one has a right to complain, I need y'all to be consistent. Let's keep that same energy across the board, because I distinctly remember the Africans (South Africans?) who were NOT happy at all about Beyoncé just being rumored to play Sara Baartman. So if we're being unreasonable for calling out Cynthia, y'all need to have the same discontent for those who brought the same criticisms.
Beyonce shouldn't be playing anyone, non acting ass.  This bitch sucks as a cartoon. That's reason enough to be in an uproar over her

But see you've already contradicted yourself by quoting that post above that said "black is black". If that's true, stay true to that. If black is black, then that means there's no difference in Beyoncé from Texas, to someone from Kenya. It's not about her acting ability, she's black. So, you can't disqualify her ability to play Sara Baartman by virtue of her blackness.
Are u slow? Idgaf where a bitch is from.  Beyonce ain't the best bitch for ANY role. That bitch could've been born in the same place, at the same time, and on the same damn day.  She ain't the girl for the damn job

Think HIGHER of yourself, I know you're better than personal jabs. For the record, this topic isn't about where anyone is from, it's about heritage, it's about lineage.  The crux of what I'm saying is this: It is not unreasonable for South Africans to want to see another South African portray a famous South African on film. By the same token, it is not unreasonable for an African America to want to see a fellow African American portray a famous African American on film.

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: jtwoeleven on July 23, 2019, 01:59:39 PM

Think HIGHER of yourself, I know you're better than personal jabs.
he doesn't and he isn't

Good Morning Gorgeous

Murrah

Viola Davis would slay this role, I was really looking forward to her adaptation.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

LOONA.

Quote from: jtwoeleven on July 23, 2019, 01:59:39 PM

Think HIGHER of yourself, I know you're better than personal jabs. For the record, this topic isn't about where anyone is from, it's about heritage, it's about lineage.  The crux of what I'm saying is this: It is not unreasonable for South Africans to want to see another South African portray a famous South African on film. By the same token, it is not unreasonable for an African America to want to see a fellow African American portray a famous African American on film.

Drag that fag   

GLOCK

Quote from: Murrah on July 23, 2019, 02:17:01 PM
Viola Davis would slay this role, I was really looking forward to her adaptation.
shes doing the Harriet tv show for HBO

Cowgirl

Kalifornia.

Quote from: jtwoeleven on July 23, 2019, 12:50:15 PM
Why do y'all hate slave movies? I think they serve an important purpose, but that depends a lot on who's making it, and how it's handled.

There's a lot of historical misinformation floating around, especially about American slavery. There are too many voices out there who try to minimize its impact, or flat out lie about historical events, like the civil war for example.

I agree, but I want more diverse roles for Black folks. I'm tired of always seeing us as slaves & maids, or in comedy & hood flicks.

Thank gawd we are finally getting more variety in the big roles for Black actors

BAPHOMET.

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: Kalifornia on July 23, 2019, 02:52:42 PM
Quote from: jtwoeleven on July 23, 2019, 12:50:15 PM
Why do y'all hate slave movies? I think they serve an important purpose, but that depends a lot on who's making it, and how it's handled.

There's a lot of historical misinformation floating around, especially about American slavery. There are too many voices out there who try to minimize its impact, or flat out lie about historical events, like the civil war for example.

I agree, but I want more diverse roles for Black folks. I'm tired of always seeing us as slaves & maids, or in comedy & hood flicks.

Thank gawd we are finally getting more variety in the big roles for Black actors

Did you go see Taraji's "Proud Mary" ? Or whatever that movie was that was like SALT

Kalifornia.

Quote from: EXPENSIVE DICK on July 23, 2019, 01:16:41 PM
Blacks should play blacks

this silly ass discussion about where blacks are from :omf:

gosh they did a whole number on us

!!!

A divide & conquer mess, and we play right into it.

Kalifornia.

Quote from: FlowerBomb on July 23, 2019, 01:18:13 PM

!!!!
divide and conquer at it's finest :dead:
why are we souring the mess with this stupid discussion
and some of yall don't care for BLACK period, save the mess dyke and coon.

!!!
That's exactly what I said.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Kalifornia on July 23, 2019, 02:55:44 PM

!!!

A divide & conquer mess, and we play right into it.
Quote from: Kalifornia on July 23, 2019, 02:56:34 PM
Quote from: FlowerBomb on July 23, 2019, 01:18:13 PM

!!!!
divide and conquer at it's finest :dead:
why are we souring the mess with this stupid discussion
and some of yall don't care for BLACK period, save the mess dyke and coon.

!!!
That's exactly what I said.
CNCBGBBFFBDFFFFFFFFFFC