Kelly Addresses The Backlash She Received Over The Chris Brown Controversy

Started by Freemala Harris, July 25, 2019, 05:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

"I think I commented on something about him breaking a hit record or something and I was like, 'Oh my gosh, love you, Chris.' That was it," Rowland said in an upcoming interview on BuzzFeed News' morning show, AM to DM.

"And next thing I knew, I came up under all this scrutiny the next day that I'm waking up, and I'm like, Wait, wow," she continued. "They hate me, they hate me. I'm like, OK, I don't know why."

Rowland, who said she was in Australia at the time, got swept up in the firestorm because her comment praising Brown was misconstrued. She said she was trying to praise him for something else.

But people accused her of supporting colorism, a discriminatory practice in which people with fairer skin are regarded as more beautiful and worthy than someone with a darker complexion.

As a result of this confluence of terrible press, Rowland received a lot of backlash for her comment.

"This man wouldn't even let you in the club," one critic wrote on Twitter in one of the tamer responses.

Rowland said the experience has been eye-opening.

"We're so quick to crucify each other when we don't know the backstory of anything, so we also have to be careful of things like that as well," Rowland told BuzzFeed News.

The singer then pushed back on the phrase "good hair," which has a complicated, "bad history attached to it," Rowland said.

"It's all good hair," the singer said. "And I don't think that it should be categorized."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/michaelblackmon/kelly-rowland-chris-brown-instagram-comment

LOONA.

ophababes.

RAY7

They dogged her for no reason clearly she wouldn't be supporting Chris against her fellow dark skinned women 
she just congratulated the man on his music :dead:

BAPHOMET.

Cowgirl

ophababes.

Quote from: 89 on July 25, 2019, 06:03:44 PM
They dogged her for no reason clearly she wouldn't be supporting Chris against her fellow dark skinned women
she just congratulated the man on his music :dead:

ddfggggg so simple a DUMMY could understand

the gors are HEATED in here

:feelinmyself: :ohhey:

b7

"Was in Australia, didn't know"

n

u got the same Instagram and twitter that we all have. Fuck outta here :dead: that's a horrible excuse 

Just say you were praising him for different reasons and be done with it 

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: 1RIG on July 25, 2019, 08:09:37 PM
"Was in Australia, didn't know"

n

u got the same Instagram and twitter that we all have. Fuck outta here :dead: that's a horrible excuse

Just say you were praising him for different reasons and be done with it
she's so disgusting.

Why wait this long to come up with this lie?

We're all on the SAME internet.
It was on TSR and she follows that account

Genesis2

This bitch is so close to Bey and still refuses to learn

You keep the fuck quiet until it blows over.