That Phrase of "You Can Be Anything" Is So True Today

Started by Navyman, July 30, 2019, 08:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navyman

https://twitter.com/LaJethroJenkins/status/1156044753361784832?s

We got multimillionaire youtubers, Video Game Players, IG Influencers, Doctors, Lawyers, Video Game Designers, Comic Creators,  etc...  :dead:
It's beautiful actually

justcommenting

Everything in entertainment perhaps other than that, that statement has some real asterisks. If I want to be a doctor, but too stupid or broke it isn't going to work. If I wanna be a gamer, perhaps. Then you have to consider color. Most black people aren't afforded the same opportunity based on race, colorism, texturism (IG), etc. 

Navyman

Quote from: justcommenting on July 30, 2019, 08:56:50 PM
Everything in entertainment perhaps other than that, that statement has some real asterisks. If I want to be a doctor, but too stupid or broke it isn't going to work. If I wanna be a gamer, perhaps. Then you have to consider color. Most black people aren't afforded the same opportunity based on race, colorism, texturism (IG), etc.
Of course within a persons limits.

Navyman

Quote from: justcommenting on July 30, 2019, 08:56:50 PM
And your correct about race, but there plenty examples around of to no limit ourselves most people just don't feel up to going on that task or journey because they may see it as impossible.

The more it gets done, the more common it can become for the ones after

Ma Lo

Those video game tournaments are very intense and drawn out.. 

Ma Lo

Sinpool