OMMF Did he really say this?

Started by MAY, December 02, 2015, 02:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zankou.

Miranda

Is Snoop Dogg or Jay-Z the "old" rapper?

asdfghjkl

RAY7

Miranda

But what about 2 Chainz, Pusha T, Juicy J.

tigernathan

^ Those three aren't in their 40's yet. Maybe, Juicy J but he's not referring to them. It was about Jay-Z. He's really the only old rapper that still tries to rap.

Miranda

Quote from: amy on December 02, 2015, 04:07:00 PM
^ Those three aren't in their 40's yet. Maybe, Juicy J but he's not referring to them. It was about Jay-Z. He's really the only old rapper that still tries to rap.

They are all the same age bracket as Andr?, I feel like Andr? could still put out music and not be some oldskool mess. He has a young fresh vibe, like Pharrell.

RAY7

Quote from: Buika on December 02, 2015, 04:08:36 PM

They are all the same age bracket as Andr?, I feel like Andr? could still put out music and not be some oldskool mess. He has a young fresh vibe, like Pharrell.
he def could. His verse on Bey's Party>J Cole's
Jojo made a whole song dedicated to him. Ppl love him, he's crazy

tigernathan

Nah, you're wrong. I just searched and 2 Chainz and Pusha T are 38 and Juicy J just turned 40. He wasn't referring to them. Jay Z is in his late 40's.

I can see where Andre is coming from though. His REAL quote(s) are here: http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.30425/title.andre-3000-details-depression-retiring-from-rap-album-plans Makes you wonder about the other older artists tbh.

RekeRig

Quote from: asdfghjkl on December 02, 2015, 03:04:44 PM
wait he retired ?
pretty much. no more albums

although i wish he would. Like Ray said, he's crazy  :dead:

RekeRig

Quote?I remember, at like 25, saying, ?I don?t want to be a 40-year-old rapper,'? Three Stacks said in an interview with The New York Times. ?I?m 39 now, and I?m still standing by that. I?m such a fan that I don?t want to infiltrate it with old blood.?

Quote?I struggle with the verses,? the Outkast member said (though that?s hard to believe, as the video above, a compilation of his features from the last ten years, proves).
He added that he plays new music for his son, Seven, and his friends, to see if they approve. ?I don?t sit around and write raps, I just don?t. Now the only time I?m really inspired to write raps is if an artist that I enjoy invites me to their party. So if Future calls and says, ?Hey man, I want you to do this,? I don?t want to let Future down. I don?t want to let Lil Wayne or Drake down, because I love them.?

edit: But i was wrong. he said an album is still a possibility

Miranda

Quote from: amy on December 02, 2015, 04:12:20 PM

Nah, you're wrong. I just searched and 2 Chainz and Pusha T are 38 and Juicy J just turned 40. He wasn't referring to them. Jay Z is in his late 40's.

I can see where Andre is coming from though. His REAL quote(s) are here: http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.30425/title.andre-3000-details-depression-retiring-from-rap-album-plans Makes you wonder about the other older artists tbh.

How am I wrong? Andr? says in the interview he was 39, which makes him 40 in 2015, same age bracket as the ones I mentioned. So like Pusha, Chainz, Pharrell, Juicy and them, he can still give a young vibe.

His record with Lloyd kinda slayed. Make ya debut Andr?...

:howfestive:

tigernathan

It's craze how fast false info spreads tho :uhh: ppl can be so gullible

Miranda

Quote from: RIG on December 02, 2015, 04:12:51 PM
Quote from: asdfghjkl on December 02, 2015, 03:04:44 PM
wait he retired ?
pretty much. no more albums

although i wish he would. Like Ray said, he's crazy  :dead:

He never had one though, except the one half in Speakerboxx double album. Love Below was his side, right?