Brandy being honored as we speak, @ the BMI awards

Started by b7, August 29, 2019, 10:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRANCE

Quote from: Harlem on September 01, 2019, 05:44:56 PM
Them background singers need to be booked ASAP

Its probably a budget issue for her I presume. But I'd prefer for her to get rid of the tacky male dancers and sing w/ BGVs for a change. When ur the queen of background vocals, stacking, etc., u kinda have to have BGVs, imo. Just sit ur ass down on a stool with the guitar or piano playing with the background singers and do a section of the show with just singing ur ballads. An a capella mess of one of her songs would be a nice change too.

jtwoeleven

Watching these videos makes me grin so hard, but it also speaks to the complexity of her arrangements. Her songs are not easy to sing, and it's not about belting or squalling through them (no shade to Kiki). I feel the same principle applies to when Yolanda Adams and Kelly Price tributed Toni. They are both great singers in their own right, but they kinda struggled to capture that distinct essence of Toni Braxton.

b7

Brandy met all of them and said "we should form a group"

One of the singers said brandy called them all lead singers and was stanning down backstage

b7

Quote from: BigDawg on September 01, 2019, 08:02:56 PM
Quote from: glock on September 01, 2019, 04:55:00 PM
Make me proud bran with this new album!
You've already left nothing but classics! I'm rooting for u! 😘
💙💙💙🙌🏾

Le Champ

Quote from: 1RIG on September 01, 2019, 08:33:55 PM

One of the singers said brandy called them all lead singers and was stanning down backstage

She needs to book them.
And stay in touch with Samoht lol

Harlem

Quote from: 1RIG on September 01, 2019, 08:33:55 PM

:gorlonfire:

I need them on the next performance!

Young

Quote from: Rxxf on August 31, 2019, 09:51:24 PM
When you think about it... Brandy has been getting her fucking flowers the last five years back-to-back.

:stressed: :stressed: :stressed:

!!!

I love it

AfroJisiac

September 02, 2019, 02:01:19 PM #397 Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 02:01:39 PM by AfroJisiac
i didnt like Kiki's performance... maybe cause of the sound of the IG Live...but hum..yeah...

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw