Do you want fast food workers to make more money?

Started by herbie, September 01, 2019, 08:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navyman

Quote from: ophlendria on September 01, 2019, 09:56:20 PM
Quote from: Tonkaman on September 01, 2019, 09:15:16 PM
Quote from: truly "american" 🙄 on September 01, 2019, 08:55:48 PM
Quote from: Tonkaman on September 01, 2019, 08:55:05 PM
More yes. A living no.
Huh? What do you mean by a living
A career, mainly for low level positions. What im saying is this shouldn't be encouraged as a stop for most people.

And plus none of these businesses would survive if they start cashing out over $20 an hour. It's how the US is in it's damn postion now

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

bby i gotta disagree just a bit. the fast food service is a job that SOMEBODY gotta do. and there are some people who genuinely enjoy service and may not have any other employable skills. why not let them make a career mess out of it. that way we get friendlier/at least professional service, and they get to live like human beings.
Which is why i said the entry positions, put in the work to reach those heights even in the fast food industry to get that type of pay you can live pretty good off of.

ophababes.

Quote from: Tonkaman on September 01, 2019, 10:21:51 PM
More yes. A living no.
A career, mainly for low level positions. What im saying is this shouldn't be encouraged as a stop for most people.

And plus none of these businesses would survive if they start cashing out over $20 an hour. It's how the US is in it's damn postion now

bby i gotta disagree just a bit. the fast food service is a job that SOMEBODY gotta do. and there are some people who genuinely enjoy service and may not have any other employable skills. why not let them make a career mess out of it. that way we get friendlier/at least professional service, and they get to live like human beings.
Which is why i said the entry positions, put in the work to reach those heights even in the fast food industry to get that type of pay you can live pretty good off of.

huh king? im confused here. i think were discussing different aspects of the same issue

ophababes.

Quote from: truly "american" 🙄 on September 01, 2019, 09:58:59 PM
More yes. A living no.

did u just call them animals :guys:

fhhhh no babe

unless it's a popeyes employee

Navyman

Quote from: ophlendria on September 01, 2019, 11:05:53 PM
Quote from: Tonkaman on September 01, 2019, 10:21:51 PM
More yes. A living no.

huh king? im confused here. i think were discussing different aspects of the same issue
Maybe. But im talking about people that wany $15 - $20 an hour for entry level postions that they use to make a living.

emzen

Quote from: Tonkaman on September 01, 2019, 10:19:25 PM
Quote from: Ton on September 01, 2019, 09:42:42 PM
Honestly the world has always been like this

People have always been making Shit Money and had to work 20 jobs or overtime

It'd be nice if everyone could make a living wage but it's not realistic

I dunno when/how 'poor' won't exist
It's honestly not realistic, the more i learn about money and this world. The unfortunate thing is someone always have to be on the bottom.

Alright preach that capitalist word sis

Opposites Attract.

I think 27k should be the base salary for all service workers.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Navyman

I mean... idky yall think this kumbaya thing is gonna work. Just isn't realistic.

Navyman

Quote from: 1996. on September 01, 2019, 11:45:46 PM
Lmao and what do you think is gonna happen to debt, the value of the dollar and the surrounding prices for other things?

Let me give you a quick example, there a reason chips went from 4 for a dollar to essentially 1 for a dollar. And it had nothing to do with the companies.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Opposites Attract.

Quote from: Tonkaman on September 01, 2019, 11:48:55 PM
Lmao and what do you think is gonna happen to debt, the value of the dollar and the surrounding prices for other things?

Let me give you a quick example, there a reason chips went from 4 for a dollar to essentially 1 for a dollar. And it had nothing to do with the companies.
you talk about at chain stores? Because I can still go to the hood and get $.25 bags of chips.

Opposites Attract.

And they need to just print more money. They're currently the riches company in the world they can scam just like they been doing. 

Navyman

Quote from: 1996. on September 02, 2019, 01:25:55 AM
Quote from: Tonkaman on September 01, 2019, 11:48:55 PM

you talk about at chain stores? Because I can still go to the hood and get $.25 bags of chips.
Umm in hood stores too.