I was heartbroken to find out these were contacts....

Started by Herb., December 06, 2015, 10:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herb.

You guys know I have an ongoing love affair with beautiful dark skinned women.  :dead:  Kenya is (was) quite high on my list. Naomi is somewhere in the middle. I always thought they had the most beautiful eyes. So you could imagine my dismay to find out that they both wear colored contacts.

A big reason I love these women is because of their unapologetic pride in their own skin, heritage and natural beauty. I thought GODya and 'omi were better than the whole 1998 colored contact mess. Still love them but for some reason I'm so disappointed. I feel as if these types of "add-ons" say that our natural God given beauty isn't enough. This is better, this is prettier.

You don't see white women going around changing their icy blue eyes or green eyes to brown. But mess. I still love them, but it's tainted. :stressed: Ignorance is truly bliss.

Phantom

I dont think the contacts are that bad. Its along the same lines as make up to me, just an enhancement. Plus I don't really get an insecure mess from them (like Lil Kim for example).

Herb.

Quote from: Phantom on December 06, 2015, 10:58:32 AM
I dont think the contacts are that bad. Its along the same lines as make up to me, just an enhancement. Plus I don't really get an insecure mess from them (like Lil Kim for example).
Morn' GODntom :wub:

Your comparison is logical but I can't agree..IMO, makeup is used to SMOOTH the appearance of the skin. Hide blemishes maybe, etc. Bleaching creme is used to change the color of the skin completely. I would compare colored contacts to that. You're taking something and covering your real eyes completely.

Maybe for a photoshoot or something, I can see that. I'm on the same page with you. But to walk around 24/7 with your eyes suffocating to breathe all because you want to give off a Eurocentric illusion..it's a bit much for me. :stressed:

LiiVE

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Herb.

December 06, 2015, 11:07:59 AM #6 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:08:40 AM by Herbie
Quote from: TheNextLew on December 06, 2015, 11:07:21 AM
Lmao...so dramatic
:supluv: :welllol:

But I really was disappointed.

AIDS!

Naomi doesn't wear contacts that often
I thought Kenya's were obvious lol

Herb.

Quote from: Culture on December 06, 2015, 11:10:46 AM
Naomi doesn't wear contacts that often
I thought Kenya's were obvious lol
:omgwatshappening:

they look real on Kenya.  :plzstop: :plzstop:

I think I believed it more because of her natural long hair, etc. i just assumed she had a mixed heritage or something. and that her eyes were part of that.

And I thought Naomi's came from her west indian background or whatever. she's very exotic to me so it just fits her whole look.

they pull it off well. At least it doesn't look as bad as others I've seen tryna pull off a light eyed tea. :udontlookok:

AIDS!

Naomi's look obvious and it wasn't like she was going around claiming those were her real eyes like Kenya was :dead:
Kenya is a fake ass bitch, plastic titty, Indian hair rocking pharmacy store contact wearing psycho

Herb.

December 06, 2015, 11:22:26 AM #10 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:23:26 AM by Herbie
Quote from: Culture on December 06, 2015, 11:18:46 AM
Naomi's look obvious and it wasn't like she was going around claiming those were her real eyes like Kenya was :dead:
Kenya is a fake ass bitch, plastic titty, Indian hair rocking pharmacy store contact wearing psycho
now u watch it :omgwatshappening:

thats her hair :stressed: wendy tested it
skip to 7:00

:justabit:

Naomis more of the complete fraud.

:ohwow:

Almost

Colored contacts have people giving a cross eyed mess

Admin

Herb.

Kaeli.

Quote from: squid on December 06, 2015, 11:38:50 AM

Not her natural eye color peeking out.  :plzstop:

But The contacts look Terr' on Kenya IMO. Fucking awful. Some black women shouldn't attempt it. Like Kim, Countess, Foxy, etc.