How is this performance acceptable?

Started by Buddha, October 21, 2019, 11:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Checkmate Burruss

October 22, 2019, 01:06:10 AM #15 Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:06:36 AM by S'Quariam Wetadaniels
Quote from: Buddha on October 21, 2019, 11:08:29 PM

people are saying Summer should get a pass because she has social anxiety...we definitely didn't let Ashanti or Cassie off the hook that easily back in the day.

This is what gets me. I'm sick of participation trophy generation!!!
THEY DO ANYDAMNTHANG FUH BSOURCE CLOUT

b7

people are saying Summer should get a pass because she has social anxiety...we definitely didn't let Ashanti or Cassie off the hook that easily back in the day.
well, they were never open about having any anxiety and Cassie sounded like SHIT

That's the major difference. At least summer can sing and that can't be denied

b7

Quote from: Seek Reek on October 21, 2019, 11:13:30 PM
I mean she should just like SZA, Ella, HER and them other bitches. Non singers is just what's in right now. All that matters is the feeling and a cool beat.
n

All of them can sing. HER is the only "vocalist" of the bunch but they all can sing

Plastic.

best selling female rapper of all time

Kaeli.

Wasn't SZA open about anxiety and mess? They lambasted her ass all throughout social media 

I'm sorry but if your social anxiety is this crippling... don't perform until you're ready. You can get by without performing your singles in 2019 as well. Bryson didn't perform in TV until the BET Awards, months after his mess smashed and he also has anxiety. 

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: She Is Coming. on October 22, 2019, 01:18:18 AM
Wasn't SZA open about anxiety and mess? They lambasted her ass all throughout social media

I'm sorry but if your social anxiety is this crippling... don't perform until you're ready. You can get by without performing your singles in 2019 as well. Bryson didn't perform in TV until the BET Awards, months after his mess smashed and he also has anxiety.
!!!!!!! Like....  :dead:

Navyman

These new artists are fucking WEAK!

Anxiety! Depression! Bi polar!

:usuresis:

b7

Quote from: Tonkaman on October 22, 2019, 01:23:54 AM
These new artists are fucking WEAK!

Anxiety! Depression! Bi polar!

:usuresis:
these are very real things though. If those among us can go through it, i can only imagine what they deal with. Ch

b7

Quote from: The Roof (Baph in Time). on October 22, 2019, 01:22:17 AM
Quote from: She Is Coming. on October 22, 2019, 01:18:18 AM

!!!!!!! Like....  :dead:
SZA was getting dragged for sounding like shit and canceling shows, only to be seen pulling from blunts on her IG story 10 minutes later  :kii:

I prefer SZA over ALL these new bitches, but come on now. She deserved a lot of that backlash

Buddha

Quote from: 1RIG on October 22, 2019, 01:12:07 AM

well, they were never open about having any anxiety and Cassie sounded like SHIT

Being open about anxiety shouldn't give you a pass though..... And no doubt Summer can sing but she really lacks artist development and it shows in moments like these.

Naomi Hit Me

b7

Quote from: Buddha on October 22, 2019, 03:25:40 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on October 22, 2019, 01:12:07 AM

Being open about anxiety shouldn't give you a pass though..... And no doubt Summer can sing but she really lacks artist development and it shows in moments like these.
i can agree with that, but her fans like it and can relate to it. I don't wanna accuse of her of playing into that, but it does feel performative, in a way. 

Maybe that's just her thing right now. It's not for me, but i can appreciate the vocal.  There are many unprofessionals in this game and i just don't see her in that way at all.

A lot of these artists have things they need to work on and improve or flat out change, if we're being honest. she deserves the space and time to figure out how to get there, IMO

At least she's delivering solid relatable music and giving a nice vocal along with it. She also has a big social media presence and has utilized that perfectly so far