future on ciara

Started by whatever, July 13, 2015, 02:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatever

whatever

I went to my fiancee at the time [Ciara] and I told her, 'Man, let's get back to working. Let's get back to music.' She was pregnant and she started working on the next album. Me and Mike [Will Made It] we finished the album before the album she just dropped, and she didn't want us to be a part of it at first. I was like damn, we just came off a number one and you go straight to Dr. Luke and start working with him. You go right back to the pop lane after you get a little steam. We shouldn't do that, we should just finish what we started and go back to that 'Body Party' lane... But she was like, 'Nah, I want to record it this way.' So me and Mike didn't even get a chance to work on the last album [Jackie], even though we had a number 1. I thought that was a little weird. And we still in a relationship so it was like, she kind of threw me off.

At the same time, we were about to go and get married. She was like, we need to [choose] a date and go on and do it, and I'm like, 'No. I'm not finna get married. I want to marry you but I can't have no big wedding on E! News, I can't have these media outlets cover my wedding... I'm not comfortable with where I'm at in my career, I'm not comfortable about compromising. Being the man that I am, I feel like my better judgment is to go back and record and make the music that I know the people want. I know they want the ratchet **** from me, I know they want me to say the most disrespectful **** it is because I came in like that. I gotta say some off the wall **** to get people's attention. And I felt like I knew what I was doing. I said it, and then ****, I had to do it.

Zankou.

Quote from: whatever on July 13, 2015, 02:41:12 PM
I went to my fiancee at the time [Ciara] and I told her, 'Man, let's get back to working. Let's get back to music.' She was pregnant and she started working on the next album. Me and Mike [Will Made It] we finished the album before the album she just dropped, and she didn't want us to be a part of it at first. I was like damn, we just came off a number one and you go straight to Dr. Luke and start working with him. You go right back to the pop lane after you get a little steam. We shouldn't do that, we should just finish what we started and go back to that 'Body Party' lane... But she was like, 'Nah, I want to record it this way.' So me and Mike didn't even get a chance to work on the last album [Jackie], even though we had a number 1. I thought that was a little weird. And we still in a relationship so it was like, she kind of threw me off.

d

she's silly

Zankou.

Brit Brat

July 13, 2015, 02:45:30 PM #5 Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:49:51 PM by Trey

I'm sorry.... But he told not one fucking lie.

:udontlookok:

OddFutur3

Seems like he's trying to allude to her being a sell out or fame whore. That's tacky. I rarely see her talk about him.

RatherBe

charlie.

Quote from: Zankou. on July 13, 2015, 02:44:17 PM

d

she's silly

dsssddd

not smart tbh.

LiiVE

B @ him negating to mention the fact
that he was busy fuckin every other female
in America. Why get engaged if ur not ready Hun?

And ci is a dummy girl. I hate how she always
switches genres so fast.

FINE.

He's trash but yeah. Ci, Hun, I'm kinda done.

Brit Brat

Its like you FINALLY found something that WORKED, you finally started to get back on track, and then you run straight to Pop? :uhh:

throwintheTAL

what genre did she switch? Did she not release I Bet as her lead fckin single for you broke niggers that don't buy her albums?

Pop >>>

RatherBe

She should have kept the Body Party sound that was really starting to catch for her... She could've used the album fillers to experiment with grease. I feel ci has no direction... Her direction is however the wind blows it

throwintheTAL

Quote from: Trey on July 13, 2015, 02:54:42 PM
Its like you FINALLY found something that WORKED, you finally started to get back on track, and then you run straight to Pop? :uhh:
Are you saying recreating the "Body Party" sound over and over was bout ensure her success? :uhh: :uhh:

& her pop songs shit ALL OVER the shit Stiffney been releasing lately