Nissan to offer car subscription service, let’s u switch a different car daily

Started by HUGO, February 20, 2020, 11:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navyman

Navyman

! All it takes is this model to prove successful and everyone will be releasing one after them at cheaper, more competitive prices. Let's see how this looks in 5 years.

Zankou.

Access by BMW BMW now has a pilot program running in Nashville for its subscription service, Access by BMW. The program is a two-tiered affair and isn't cheap (Porsche has a similar program we cover later in this article). The first tier, which BMW is calling "Legend," will set users back a cool $1,399 per month and gives access to vehicles like the 4 Series5 Series and X5 (but not the M models) as well as the excellent M2. Upgrading to the $2,699 M tier and things start to get really interesting with access to the M4 Convertible, M5, M6 Convertible, X5M and X6M.

jesus!

RatherBe

Quote from: ton on February 20, 2020, 12:30:04 PM
Quote from: AJ on February 20, 2020, 12:25:21 PM
Quote from: zanny on February 20, 2020, 12:13:43 PM
Quote from: AJ on February 20, 2020, 12:09:25 PM
This doesn't even make sense as far as owners and usage..  you could potentially be getting a car that has had 40 past users.

:dead:

But if you're only having it for a day I don't see the problem. No difference than renting a car really
everything has its "day" it be just my luck the day I get it the shit break down... and then with all the wear and tear of owners on it. Why am I paying $700 for a car that everyone on the block has had
it comes with maintenance

It's just like a rental like Brandon said

Nissan is just dumb. They know damn well the girls aren't rushing to pay a grip monthly for a Nissan
I get that. I'm saying the turn around of this will be way more than that of a rental. Even if someone has a rental because they had a car accident... they'll have the car for more than a week or so. If you're renting a car because you're out of town on average you'll have it for about 2-3 days... but to just be flipping through owners everyday... something don't sit right with me about it.
Unless every time a car is returned they keep it.. and it has to go through some process/ maintenance before it goes out again... But that just sounds like unnecessary time and money spent.

Brit Brat

D

not 2k a month for a Cadillac mess. The idea is cool.... but nobody is gonna pay 2k a month for cheap ass Cadillac when they could just buy a damn Range Rover, at that point.

:udontlookok:

ton

Car sales are down because of all these crossovers and SUVs that are dominating

Notice it's mostly cars they're trying to rent out  :plzstop:

It's really just profit for them, because any income is better than the car sitting on the lot not making them ANYTHING. Maintenance is cheap as fuck. You're paying for service and time when you're getting routine check-up, not the parts. I'd probably do this if it were half that cost.

Brit Brat

I feel like the clients that they're trying to target with these prices are

1. Not even interested in these lower end brands
2. Will just BUY a truly luxury vehicle(s) before subscribing to some mess like this.

:omf:

They need to drop the prices and switch their marketing target if they want this to be successful.

RatherBe

Or maybe they know they are about to close up shop soon and they've already manufactured or are contracted to manufacture a certainty amount of cars.. by do this they would at least make SOMETHING off the cars.. idk there's probably a lot holes in that theory but I just thought about it.

Brit Brat

Quote from: ton on February 20, 2020, 12:53:52 PM
Car sales are down because of all these crossovers and SUVs that are dominating

Notice it's mostly cars they're trying to rent out  :plzstop:

It's really just profit for them, because any income is better than the car sitting on the lot not making them ANYTHING. Maintenance is cheap as fuck. You're paying for service and time when you're getting routine check-up, not the parts. I'd probably do this if it were half that cost.
!!!!!

Ford is discontinuing all of their car lines (except Mustang) and rebranding as a SUV/truck brand.

:omf:

Navyman

Young

Quote from: Hugo on February 20, 2020, 11:55:44 AM
Quote from: Young on February 20, 2020, 11:49:48 AM
:uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

New Ni' !

Who tf? Not for no 700 damn dollars

Bby!!!! Does this include Infiniti's? Cuz no ma'am for a damn Nissan

sddsdsds

right! New Altima !