New Rodney Jerkins interview (talks possibility of Brandy reunion)

Started by Le Champ, May 15, 2020, 08:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GLOCK

Quote from: RIGs on May 16, 2020, 04:19:59 AM
Quote from: GLOCK 🌹 on May 16, 2020, 03:29:08 AM
Quote from: Beau on May 16, 2020, 03:26:00 AM
https://genius.com/Brandy-2nd-thought-lyrics genius says its this song lol
hmm
I don't think this is accurate

Brandy was not working with her baby Daddy after full moon to my knowledge
I just don't see it
ggggggg did someone just type that up now?

But the Robert stuff makes sense because they said it was scrapped right before she got petty and dialed Timbalands number  :kii:

Remember that's why Jennifer Lopez and other artists ended up with some of those leftover songs as well. Brandy had moved on
nxjjxdjjsd
I'm referring to this particular song
I remember that
But wouldn't this 2nd thought that we have been done after afro?
It sounds like her human tone  :'(

Gilgamesh.

GLOCK

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on May 16, 2020, 08:50:49 AM
Quote from: Glock's HUSBAND on May 16, 2020, 08:45:19 AM
Y'all think if sis released an album like 2 years after Afro things would've been a lil different?

:stressed:

Brandy has at least 2 or 3 projects in the vault.

- The album she was doing with Rodney's camp before Afro

- She was working with Tim (Bran'Nu) I think most of their songs have leaked though.

- the album she started before B7 (Oak and Pop etc)
Don't forget she did a whole album with PICO Love 

Dr Naomi Campbell

GLOCK

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on May 16, 2020, 12:53:48 PM
OAN, I really don't like the way Rodney & Brandy handle each other, Rodney moreso. There's like this reluctance to say they wanna colloborate. It's very strange :dead:
:unsure:

I'm sorry but the way Bran tossed him under the bus for Human
I-

Cjdjdjdjd

I get why he's very reluctant because he feels guilty for ruining that era

But he said he gave brandy what she wanted instead of creating from his heart  :'(

I hate that they aren't in the place I want them to be after creating two classics
But eh

Le Champ

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on May 16, 2020, 01:34:38 PM
Quote from: Lee on May 16, 2020, 01:15:25 PM
Bran was pretty explicit a couple of weeks ago in saying she would want to work with him again.

At this point, idc if they don't. I think i'd be worried about him changing the flow the album if he was involved in B7.

I just don't understand the bad vibes lol. Def agree about it being personal.

After listening to his recent interviews, I definitely think he prefers helming projects instead of a few songs here and there. He probably feels even more entitled when it comes to Brandy. I remember he made similar comments after Human, saying he should have done the whole album. I'm sure he doesn't keep that same energy for all artists though  :nowgorl:

Its obvious Brandy agrees with his formula of having a main producer for cohesion purposes. She just isn't sold on it being him and he can't take :dead:

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: GLOCK 🌹 on May 16, 2020, 01:39:43 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on May 16, 2020, 08:50:49 AM
Quote from: Glock's HUSBAND on May 16, 2020, 08:45:19 AM
Y'all think if sis released an album like 2 years after Afro things would've been a lil different?

Brandy has at least 2 or 3 projects in the vault.

- The album she was doing with Rodney's camp before Afro

- She was working with Tim (Bran'Nu) I think most of their songs have leaked though.

- the album she started before B7 (Oak and Pop etc)
Don't forget she did a whole album with PICO Love

That can stay in the vault   :disgusted:

HUGO

Quote from: RIGs on May 16, 2020, 12:14:49 PM
Quote from: Glock's HUSBAND on May 16, 2020, 09:06:11 AM
Quote from: RIGs on May 16, 2020, 08:54:32 AM
On "Saving all my love",  part of it sounds like she's apologizing for fucking the love up because of her issues. Mentally and emotionally

it's pretty sick, actually :kii:

"sorry for my tardy, for a long time i was broken-hearted" means she couldn't commit to him because of her trust issues stemming from past relationships

"Waited ... laid my burdens down...  complicated, i hesitated. "I'm out there" over the rainbow ... somewhere.

"out there" is what people always say when they've lost their minds a bit, or have lost their way. And the second verse literally beginswith more hope and another admission: "I'm medicated ...  i am free to move forward"

she's spilling so much tea on this album it's scary

Wait ...Is she really mental?
:omgwatshappening:
babe why would u even phrase this question that way? And no i never said that

ffff

My bad King. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful.

HUGO

Quote from: Jayd' on May 16, 2020, 01:36:42 PM
I wanna know what was going through their damn kinds letting those 3 songs go, but carrying on with this whole Bran Nu scam

These are valid ass questions cuz it don't make a lick of sense

Harlem

Quote from: Jayd' on May 16, 2020, 01:36:42 PM
I wanna know what was going through their damn kinds letting those 3 songs go, but carrying on with this whole Bran Nu scam

Me too! Like I need to explain the recording process and the real reason why they didn't make the album or put on any of his Shock Value mess