Do ya'll think Ci is the most relevant R&B girl rn?

Started by Kaeli., July 16, 2015, 03:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaeli.

The messy girls on ATRL are trying to convince me that she is & are including Bran in their mess

:ack:

BrokenHeartsHeal

Scott.

I don't think so she's the MOST relevant. But she's kinda relevant in my eyes. She can still at least get one hit on her hands.

Kaeli.

oh do ya'll not like atrl

I didn't know tha beef was real

:udontlookok:

Dee

Quote from: SCOTTland on July 16, 2015, 03:05:30 AM
I don't think so she's the MOST relevant. But she's kinda relevant in my eyes. She can still at least get one hit on her hands.

!

Dee

Currently, there's no top R&B chick.

None of these are dominating the charts or even going gold tbqh.

Dee

But I will say Jhene Aiko and K. Michelle are slaying. Hell, even Tamar's ass too

70k, 87k, and 114k as first week album sales is considered pretty damn good in R&B these days.

BrokenHeartsHeal

Quote from: D.E.E on July 16, 2015, 03:12:10 AM
Currently, there's no top R&B chick.

None of these are dominating the charts or even going gold tbqh.

Ci as a celebrity is actually doing fine, so she is more relevant than the other girls but not in the music. But let's face it, all of our girls ain't making no noise.

and it's fucking sad because we be arguing about who's better, who's booking and whatnot but they all flopping collectively. Why can't we get our sistas in the top 10 of BBHOT 100 like the males. Something aint right that all these crap songs by black men are becoming hits but we can't get our girls there who are making better music :hmph:

GYNandTONIC

I would say she is def the most relevant R&B girl. She has a major fashion campaign, she's on t.v., and people cant stop talking about her and Russell.

Thats pretty relevant, just not for the music.

MAY

Brandy is way more relevant than Ciara.

A lot of Ciara's relevance nowadays seems to come from association (Kim K., Rihanna, Future, Riccardo, etc.)

Brandy is relevant in her own right.

Million.

She is getting A LOT of buzz and attention right now. That's just facts.

Album sales don't always determine relevancy either. NONE of these chicks are moving major albums. Ciara is a respected Triple Platnium artist. In the R&B/Pop world it's her, Bey, Nicki and Rih right now. As far as relevancy.

Million.

And yall the only reason May is comparing Brandy to Ciara is so you guys can drag Ci lolz

Brandy is not on that playing field. She's a vet. Let's not even.

MAY

Quote from: Million. on July 16, 2015, 03:27:07 AM
And yall the only reason May is comparing Brandy to Ciara is so you guys can drag Ci lolz

Brandy is not on that playing field. She's a vet. Let's not even.
Did he not mention Brandy in the original post?

Besides, what I said is true.

MAY

Quote from: Million. on July 16, 2015, 03:25:47 AM
In the R&B/Pop world it's her, Bey, Nicki and Rih right now. As far as relevancy.

Gorl

Gilgamesh.

That's a tricky one, if you look at her numbers, then no :dead:

But Ciara stay on mag cover or red carpet event, she was just at the ESPYs, and I don't see K.Michelle nor Tamar ever doing that.