OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOONA.

I was expecting a vocal lashing like "Plan B"

I just don't get it

Harlem

Quote from: JCJ on July 30, 2020, 10:36:50 PM
"Rather Be" is so timeless. She should've did more songs with Victoria. Bran's songwriting is...out there. This was a big change for her though so I admire that.

NOW THIS!!!! I would've scrapped the rest of the album or reworked most of it once Victoria cane in the picture... she did what the fuck she had to do

Andthecategoryis...

Figured I'd leave and your right about that, you take back promises where did they gooOOOOoo.

Acting out but no ones there for the show
Hurt you my bad, but how low can you GooooOOOOO

:feelinmyself: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :loose2when:
BITCH
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Harlem

July 30, 2020, 11:06:36 PM #889 Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:07:04 PM by Harlem
And who the fuck is comparing this to Full Moon?! B/c I'm a Afrodisiac ass nigga but B7 ain't no damn Full Moon... Even Full Moon's messiest parts don't compare to this

LOONA.

Quote from: Puakenikeni. on July 30, 2020, 11:03:40 PM
I think it's fair to remember this is Ghan's first indie mess.

Im taking this project as a collection of new songs to vibe to. Doesn't have to be her best to date. But it's new music ...it's a vibe and I'll take it as that.

I'm so proud of her.

So you don't like the alb

BORderline

I have not really listened to the album in a deeply way but that's why I wanted Camper AWAY from her...
Brandy used to work with Darkchild or Timbaland or Mike City who put a lot of stress and energy into DETAILS. Camper is just BLAND and BASIC. So many things could have been BETTER if he focused into details a little more.

It's so RAW. And her previous efforts were so polished.
I can understand why some die hard Brandy stans would be disappointed.
The regular Brandy fans won't be really bothered.

But WHEW! I'm enjoying the little previews.

Desilu

Quote from: LOONA. on July 30, 2020, 10:57:30 PM
Quote from: Desilu on July 30, 2020, 10:53:07 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on July 30, 2020, 10:50:43 PM
Quote from: Desilu on July 30, 2020, 10:48:30 PM
But shit

If Beyonce can come up with 7/11's trash lyrics

Brandy can slay her little spoken word mess

And it was left off her album for a reason

It was a single and on the deluxe

It was some mess she did for FUN and shot on her phone.

Stop making a fool out of yourself.

If I'm a fool around you and this mixed crowd that is ok with me.

And you're still WRONG

BAPHOMET.

this doesnt sound the same as the final version? 
it had a dreamy feel in the snippet here 

Harlem

B7 is the unreleased compilation we've been waiting for & I applaud her for going the indie route b/c I'm sure it's difficult as much as it is liberating... just hope she's learns all the lessons and grow moving forward

RAY7

cant wait to hear this album on Tidal
I love the production and her voice is so beautiful
all the mumbling and weird phrasing is not really bothering me
I could listen to her sing the phone book tbh, but she does need to enunciate

cant believe Im about to purchase and stream this album :uhh:

Harlem

Quote from: No Tomorrow. on July 30, 2020, 11:09:46 PM

this doesnt sound the same as the final version?
it had a dreamy feel in the snippet here

It should've stayed just like this! Would've been better than them All My Life Interludes

Harlem

Quote from: FRANCE on July 30, 2020, 11:11:43 PM

Oh Bran-Li... she slays as a Blasian! But if this nigga Derek Blanks over edits one more time smh

FRANCE

Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 11:04:38 PM
Quote from: JCJ on July 30, 2020, 10:36:50 PM
"Rather Be" is so timeless. She should've did more songs with Victoria. Bran's songwriting is...out there. This was a big change for her though so I admire that.

NOW THIS!!!! I would've scrapped the rest of the album or reworked most of it once Victoria cane in the picture... she did what the fuck she had to do

Check this out. Verzuz / BeatRoute Interview:

QuoteBR: Beautiful. Were there any songs that almost didn't make it on B7?

B: Yes. There was a song, it's my daughter's favourite song, called "Rather Be." It's a mid-slow song and it's beautiful—it almost didn't make the album. I would have been so disappointed because, from my daughter to DJ Camper, who produced it, anyone that heard it, they were calling it an air quotes "Brandy Song." I didn't buy into that, but it really is. Victoria Monét wrote it and she writes a lot of songs for Ariana Grande, and Tonio Dickson, who writes a lot with Babyface and Toni Braxton. When you have those kinds of people writing the song with you, you don't leave [it] off of the album [laughs].

Glad it did make it. Was one of the last songs she recorded I heard. Imagine if Victoria was on board from the very beginning.