OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bby ddy

Quote from: Puakenikeni. on July 31, 2020, 09:40:40 PM
Borderline is a GHan classic.

I just came in to type this :'(

Currently listening. So hauntingly beautiful!!

THIS deserves a SONG OF THE YEAR Grammy nom, not just the R&B categories. Wishful thinking....

Rimshot

That note at 3:39 is the best part of the entire album for me.

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: bby ddy on July 31, 2020, 09:46:04 PM

THIS deserves a SONG OF THE YEAR Grammy nom, not just the R&B categories. Wishful thinking....

Oof I PRAY that they recognize her next year. It's so so soooooo well overdue.

Demm_

Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 09:41:44 PM
Quote from: Demm_ on July 31, 2020, 09:36:17 PM
Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 09:35:13 PM
I'm also not understanding why people think she might be mocking mental health issues dbdnnfnd
she's literally advocating. I'm assuming they do not recall her clap back era? The Snapchats? I knew then that something wasn't right. To see her in this space now and working through her healing just makes me so...:stressed:
Pee...I really think I'm IN.
:stressed:

Karin...this album is just IT for me. I was so nervous. I was scared about her songwriting, playing with song structures, Pamper. But when I let it play and be wtf it IS...I am just in LOVE. This unorthodox queen has caused another SHIFT in how I interpret mus'. It's like you can HEAR the awakening.
:loose2when: :loose2when: :loose2when: :loose2when:
I heard so many things going into it, but there are some GEMS, and outside of the mixing and mess, I USE some of these songs...hear me, Borderline!!

I wanna hear her do this live. I'm interested in seeing her emote it because I know how excited she is to perform this new music.
Okay, Corona, you can leave now...

D.I.E.G.O.

Le Champ

!!!!
They nominate HER in those major categories and I just don't get the HYPE. Hopefully Bran gets a look or two next year...

Andthecategoryis...

Wait a minute neowwww SAML starting to hit a little different with these ear phones
:mmyulost:

This album is so left field and unorthodox....like its meant to sound disgruntled and them use of heavy stacks on the leads on purpose
:heyddy:
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

CREAM.

D.I.E.G.O.

Borderline seems like the departure point for the album. I believe she said it's the first full song she recorded for the project. It seems (mostly) everything flowed from there. It's one of her best tracks ever tbh.

bby ddy

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 31, 2020, 09:49:35 PM

Oof I PRAY that they recognize her next year. It's so so soooooo well overdue.

So overdue! A simple nomination will probably do so much for her confidence.

But we all know mutha hates the industry and politics, so she won't do any pandering. We'll see :ermm:

D.I.E.G.O.

Lucid Dreams just pinned me against the wall without warning.

One more strike and I'm out...

bby ddy

Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 09:50:20 PM

!!!!
They nominate HER in those major categories and I just don't get the HYPE. Hopefully Bran gets a look or two next year...

I hope OUR award shows acknowledge her as well. BET Awards, Soul Train, Image Awards......

Le Champ

The more I listen to Border...it sounds like something she could've written with Stacy Barthe.
Im so proud of this girl. Losing Lashawn in the middle of all this and still pushing through. She is a fckn SURVIVOR. 

CREAM.

I'm the most jealous zorl in the world