India. Arie testifies about sexism, healing and “B7.”

Started by Sovereign., August 09, 2020, 03:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

In the first two minutes, India talks about severing ties with "Hollywood" aspect of the industry and people's expectations of her and how she should be and carry herself

She then tied that in to her own expectations of Brandy as a STAN and how she had to listen to B7 without overthinking. It ended up lashing her back :kii:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CDrUKFTjLVw/?igshid=mynpirbu30nw

b7

It's 10 minutes long, so watch when u have time.  Brandy put it on her IG story

b7

BRockaBaby

August 09, 2020, 03:25:55 PM #4 Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 03:28:50 PM by BRockaBaby
Not one lie told. I even had to approach B7 with no expectation stemming from Brandy's previous albums. Once I treated B7 as its own New body of work with absolutely no expectation of a full moon or afrodosiac, I loved and appreciated it so much more.

I'm in love with brandy the artist. Not brandy the full moon or brandy the afrodisiac. But the artist as a whole. So I appreciate each body of work differently for different reasons. If I want FM I go play full moon. But it sometimes seems like people want to hear FM in everything she does and that's crazy. We don't expect a painter to create the same art so why so we expect that from our singers?

Love India for always speaking her truth.

Moon

this was BEAUTIFUL

i love India and she nailed it here. GHa is NOT a consumer artist and people want knock! Umpf-a! And GHa isn't doing it!

Moon

I SCREAMED when she said she hated high heels

is she a bsource member 

Cowgirl

Everything she said about Brandy and B7 was spot on!!

Cowgirl

Rxxf

BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: Moon on August 09, 2020, 03:26:43 PM
I SCREAMED when she said she hated high heels

is she a bsource member

I HATE high heels too.
:plzstop:
BRANDY

Sovereign.

Quote from: BRockaBaby on August 09, 2020, 03:25:55 PM
Not one lie told. I even had to approach B7 with no expectation stemming from Brandy's previous albums. Once I treated B7 as its own New body of work with absolutely no expectation of a full moon or afrodosiac, I loved and appreciated it so much more.

I'm in love with brandy the artist. Not brandy the full moon or brandy the afrodisiac. But the artist as a whole. So I appreciate each body of work differently for different reasons. If I want FM I go play full moon. But it sometimes seems like people want to hear FM in everything she does and that's crazy. We don't expect a painter to create the same art so why so we expect that from our singers?

Love India for always speaking her truth.

!!! I sum it up to fanaticism and this idea of folk obsessing over or thinking an artists owes them "this" or "that" because that's what was delivered in the past, but if you truly appreciate an artist for their artistry and who they are, then you can appreciate all that they put their heart into. Like India said, you don't have to like everything to love it, but artists get sorely penalized if they don't deliver for consumer consumption.

Sovereign.

And "High Heels" :plzstop: Yeah, chalk that one up to a dub. 

Cowgirl

I appreciate what Ghan did with HH but it wasn't the fckn time nor place.