[VIDEO] Is Beyonce using Africa For Her Career?

Started by Legendy, August 15, 2020, 02:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy Nine

HUGO

Quote from: Jayda X on August 16, 2020, 12:25:24 PM
Even if it isn't genuine, I'm glad she took her time and actually researched a bit.
You can tell she went into the project with eyes wide open and was respectful. Even the producers of the lil country segments say she was eager to learn about the different cultures and what makes them unique to each other

Did she now?

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: Glock's HUSBAND on August 16, 2020, 04:29:47 PM
Quote from: Jayda X on August 16, 2020, 12:25:24 PM
Even if it isn't genuine, I'm glad she took her time and actually researched a bit.
You can tell she went into the project with eyes wide open and was respectful. Even the producers of the lil country segments say she was eager to learn about the different cultures and what makes them unique to each other

Did she now?
hdjdjd they said she watched "Beyonce" and "Ciara" :gorlonfire:

yummy

Well the director of Black Is King (and the other African artists/dancers she worked with) seem appreciative and have nothing but nice things to say so...

QuoteBeyoncé is obviously the common denominator connecting all those different strands. How was it collaborating with her in terms of her imparting her vision, but then giving you the space to go and pursue yours?

It was a really great experience just to have the support from her in terms of resources and the attention it was going to be given because there's so much great work that is made out there that doesn't really get distribution. And another thing was just how respectful she was. I wish all directors and producers of culturally-sensitive material treated it with a level of seriousness that she did. There were so many conversations about what things meant. If it appeared in the shot, she wanted the meaning of what it meant, the history of it, even if it's like a mural, she wanted to know who painted it. I've never produced something and had to also be an archeologist at the same time.

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2020/08/ibra-ake-beyonce-black-is-king-atlanta-season-three-interview

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: yummy on August 16, 2020, 04:34:23 PM
Well the director of Black Is King (and the other African artists/dancers she worked with) seem appreciative and have nothing but nice things to say so...

QuoteBeyoncé is obviously the common denominator connecting all those different strands. How was it collaborating with her in terms of her imparting her vision, but then giving you the space to go and pursue yours?

It was a really great experience just to have the support from her in terms of resources and the attention it was going to be given because there's so much great work that is made out there that doesn't really get distribution. And another thing was just how respectful she was. I wish all directors and producers of culturally-sensitive material treated it with a level of seriousness that she did. There were so many conversations about what things meant. If it appeared in the shot, she wanted the meaning of what it meant, the history of it, even if it's like a mural, she wanted to know who painted it. I've never produced something and had to also be an archeologist at the same time.

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2020/08/ibra-ake-beyonce-black-is-king-atlanta-season-three-interview
Love this

MelMel

GYNandTONIC

I wouldn't say she is capitalizing off of it per say. But I do believe she is/was looking at the bigger picture as far as her legacy is concerned. Beyoncé wants to be the greatest of the greats. Most of the greats have had a social justice moment and/or a moment that affirms their blackness. Even Janet who some would say is a fluff artist has Rhythm Nation.

Some could say that is a bit self serving but the level of care she has taken with each statement speaks to a deeper responsibility IMO. Ultimately I do feel this whole thing has served its purpose and she'll move on to her next legacy move. Which is the DC3 reunion

CHOKE

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on August 16, 2020, 06:02:30 PM
she'll move on to her next legacy move. Which is the DC3 reunion

laksmksksmsksksksksksksksksksksksks

Amazing

Ultimately I do feel this whole thing has served its purpose and she'll move on to her next legacy move. Which is the DC3 reunion

The most important comment in here.  :blessed:

b7

I wouldn't say she is capitalizing off of it per say. But I do believe she is/was looking at the bigger picture as far as her legacy is concerned. Beyoncé wants to be the greatest of the greats. Most of the greats have had a social justice moment and/or a moment that affirms their blackness. Even Janet who some would say is a fluff artist has Rhythm Nation.

Some could say that is a bit self serving but the level of care she has taken with each statement speaks to a deeper responsibility IMO. Ultimately I do feel this whole thing has served its purpose and she'll move on to her next legacy move. Which is the DC3 reunion
!!!!!!

And I've always thought a DC3 reunion would be Legendary for everyone involved

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: coffelia_buchanan on August 16, 2020, 11:06:04 AM
Quote from: Eh... on August 16, 2020, 10:41:15 AM
Quote from: Glock's HUSBAND on August 16, 2020, 09:29:09 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 15, 2020, 04:42:56 PM
I did question how genuine beyonce was initially tho

I've been saying this and someone said "why does it matter if it's genuine or not"  :uhh:

I've definitely felt like she is capitalizing on this big "pro black" movement of the time by making it the theme of her music so to speak but idk if I believe she's not genuine.

so what specifically makes you look at her moves through the scope of "capitalizing" rather than using her platform to amplify voices and struggles?

well  if we were paying attention
she was moving into being more pro black and bringing awareness before this really kicked off
and we have grown woman as well giving a african tea  before this pro black stuff kicked off

my friend said oh shes going to africa because theres no place else to go

Excuse me ?

this girl does not even promote anymore

she using her millions to expore and highlight things that are becoming of significance to her
shes using her platform to illustrate the culture and roots

like they are crazy

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

STUNNA GOD

I don't think she's directly trying to capitalize off of "African" culture.... I really don't think that's her intention. I just think she' isn't the most genuine. :dead: People just don't give a fuck though because it's her.

Someone just explained it perfectly. It's just for the pro-black agenda she's pushing because it goes beyond artistry and solidifies her legacy in a way that's... untouchable.

It all adds to her fake "unbothered! Don't care about sales!" brand she's creating... because yes, she IS declining and getting older. So when she flops, people don't drag because they're focused on "the bigger picture". Bey is FRAUD. Lolz

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: Trey on August 21, 2020, 08:17:27 AM
I don't think she's directly trying to capitalize off of "African" culture.... I really don't think that's her intention. I just think she' isn't the most genuine. :dead: People just don't give a fuck though because it's her.

Someone just explained it perfectly. It's just for the pro-black agenda she's pushing because it goes beyond artistry and solidifies her legacy in a way that's... untouchable.

It all adds to her fake "unbothered! Don't care about sales!" brand she's creating... because yes, she IS declining and getting older. So when she flops, people don't drag because they're focused on "the bigger picture". Bey is FRAUD. Lolz
wtf sis