Aaliyah's Estate Issues Another Statement....

Started by Freemala Harris, January 15, 2021, 04:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingDavid

Buy The Stars✨

January 15, 2021, 08:47:56 PM #16 Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 09:32:37 PM by Troye
Quote from: TinaSnow on January 15, 2021, 08:25:18 PM
Quote from: Troye on January 15, 2021, 08:21:39 PM
I mean 2 albums cause the first one is already out there
hhhhhbbbb

Sis that's cheap!!! We could prlly all put some coins together and purchase ha mess.  Let me get Barry hankerson on the line

Marilyn

Cut the Haughtons slack. She didn't own her masters and at 22 Iikely didn't have posthumous business handlings set in stone. They're semi-powerless and super frustrated too. The Haughtons could've sued for her masters but probably couldn't be bothered. They had already sued Virgin, the video production company and the airliner in a wrongful death suit but that was a guarantee win. They could've lost a lot of money on legal fees if they lost the battle for her masters. It's a sad situation all around.

Buy The Stars✨

January 15, 2021, 09:31:46 PM #19 Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 09:32:17 PM by Troye
Quote from: Marilyn on January 15, 2021, 08:56:56 PM
Cut the Haughtons slack. She didn't own her masters and at 22 Iikely didn't have posthumous business handlings set in stone. They're semi-powerless and super frustrated too. The Haughtons could've sued for her masters but probably couldn't be bothered. They had already sued Virgin, the video production company and the airliner in a wrongful death suit but that was a guarantee win. They could've lost a lot of money on legal fees if they lost the battle for her masters. It's a sad situation all around.

its been 20 years ... and its two albums with maybe 10-15 unreleased mess. IF THAT cause i remember them  saying she had enough complete for one more album. 

the whole she was 22 isnt good enough excuse  either selena died at 23.  im sure selena didnt have any of that stuff either but her daddy(a greedy son of a bitch) figured it OUT. 

I think at this point we need transparency.  like they need to say the TRUTH in detail of what is really going on.   I think there is more too it than just Barry wont give up the RIGHTS

Cowgirl

Quote from: three kings on January 15, 2021, 08:32:14 PM
Quote from: TinaSnow on January 15, 2021, 08:25:46 PM
Quote from: three kings on January 15, 2021, 08:21:53 PM
Lonz get ur ass in here

I know u typed that mess
Yea. Lonz has some explaining to do. He's been teasing for 20 years now.
dmnfnfnd

Thus....however....we shall....

Stfu and upload something :disgusted:
mxmxnxxnxnxnxxnx

This damn She By Sheree discography launch. Fucking get to the POINT already, enough is enough.

Lucid Salvatore

Quote from: Marilyn on January 15, 2021, 08:56:56 PM

n

Gorl please

If they're "desperate" to get her music out on streaming services, they would've done it by now. It's only 2-3 albums and while Aaliyah was successful, it's not like she was on Michael or Madonna's level of success. Surely the masters shouldn't be costing this much.

And if they don't have the coin to purchase her masters, literally all they have to do is give Jay-Z or Diddy a call and they'll get it for them.

Fuck this family

united nations

Quote from: TinaSnow on January 15, 2021, 09:55:44 PM
Quote from: three kings on January 15, 2021, 08:32:14 PM
Quote from: TinaSnow on January 15, 2021, 08:25:46 PM
Quote from: three kings on January 15, 2021, 08:21:53 PM
Lonz get ur ass in here

I know u typed that mess
Yea. Lonz has some explaining to do. He's been teasing for 20 years now.
dmnfnfnd

Thus....however....we shall....

Stfu and upload something :disgusted:
mxmxnxxnxnxnxxnx

This damn She By Sheree discography launch. Fucking get to the POINT already, enough is enough.

vvvccccccccccccxc c
Grandma, grandpa, and their grandmas ❤️

ssw4919

Kalifornia.

I don't understand the point of the 2021 announcement if they don't even have the rights to her material. 

Marilyn

These stan-world fantasies. Jay, Bey, and Diddy could just buy

why the hell would they do that   :uhh:

BranBran

Try are so annoying. I don't think it can be that difficult to get her music on streaming services.

Ulysses

I'm pretty sure it all has to do with how much money THEY get out of it. "Getting music to the fans" is just a nice way out....

Rxxf

BRANDY

𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉

It annoys me that they only release random Aaliyah items.

Aaliyah puzzle! Aaliyah speakers!

No one wants this :omf: