Chris Brown Had Time Today

Started by M-Rocka, January 17, 2021, 03:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dangerous

January 18, 2021, 04:52:48 AM #90 Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 04:54:15 AM by three kings
Like, if he does a deep piano ballad like "ordinary people" can we all then give him a "wow he's growing!" Pass ?

or if he does some super moody, "edgy" music using phrases that are difficult to decipher...will he then get his crown of growth? Nfnfnfnfnnfnf

What are we using to measure growth?

Cowgirl

I hear nothing but growth and progression. Give him his damn flowers.

dangerous

FRANCE

Quote from: Jayda X on January 18, 2021, 04:41:26 AM
Quote from: FRANCE on January 18, 2021, 12:05:30 AM
Quote from: Hiroshimoto on January 17, 2021, 10:45:57 PM
not gonna lie im tired of chris talking about nothing but sex... lets start talking about your life and whats going on in the world.

And he does to an extent but those songs are the album cuts. And to be quite fair, some of the folks here saying his music has regressed haven't even listened to his last album from start to finish. They're only going off what he puts out as his singles.

And I always say this when it comes to Chris: if it aint broke, why fix it? People say the same thing about Pink too but why go back to a R&B sound u never liked when all ur albums keep going platinum?

Same for Chris. Why change when every yr he has a #1 record? Every album he has at least 2 hit songs? There's no need for him to in his mind I'm sure cause what male R&B artist is conistently churning out hits after hits, year after year over the past 10 years like he has? Not a single one. I wouldn't change either. Let him put out some Man In The Mirror introspective album and see how it flops.
so he's fine being redundant and boring lol
nice
Thats my point. He may be boring and redundant to YOU, but his album went Platinum. And his Indigo tour was very successful. Many of his fans loved the album. I actually did as well. I was singing the same tune as you before Indigo but I actually listened to the album and was thoroughly impressed by the deep cuts and the ballads too.

He could try to switch up his style like Ne-Yo when he did that superhero concept album and flopped his ass off and never could rebound. Or try to go all Pop and Hollywood like Ciara did on Fantasy Ride and when she tried to switch back during her Basically Extinct era, she couldn't get back that level of success. Or like Xtina when she turned down hit records that didnt have an electronic sound to fit the theme of her Bionic album and look what that did to her career?

FRANCE

And let's not compare Trey Songz to Chris Brown - they aint the same lol. 

Cowgirl

That's the thing about Chris tho, he does and has tried other things. One of the first r&b artists to do EDM, Pop, etc. He still does more but at the same time, he knows his base..

Plastic.

Quote from: TinaSnow on January 18, 2021, 09:10:19 AM
That's the thing about Chris tho, he does and has tried other things. One of the first r&b artists to do EDM, Pop, etc. He still does more but at the same time, he knows his base..

best selling female rapper of all time

JCJ 🪐

So at the end of the day the person was right and Chris looked stupid.
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

dangerous

Someone's about to get their face slapped

Plastic.

the way king dabbled in EDM & got another multi platinum, top 10 LOL!

FRANCE

January 18, 2021, 09:21:43 AM #101 Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 09:24:34 AM by FRANCE
Quote from: TinaSnow on January 18, 2021, 09:10:19 AM

Right.

And u can hear that sonically throughout his last album, even a lil rock. And he got the introspective cuts like Dear God and Part of the Plan. But of course, the folks saying he doesnt grow or change havent even listened to those songs or know what it sounds like. His label prob has a part to do with it too. They select what is released as the singles.

And why would they select a song like Troubled Waters (one of the best deeper records on the album) over a song like No Guidance? So it creates the impression that he isnt "growing" when he is.

If u want a mature album from Chris, condense his last Indigo album from 40+ songs to 12 songs and u got it. I wish Brandy gave that to us.

Cowgirl

Let's not forget that he's the reason why Rihanna ventured off..

Plastic.

Plastic.