do ya'll think Brandy should rebrand?

Started by BranNu, January 20, 2021, 01:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaeli.

I think Bran'Nu shouldn't make any more appearances on any albums or future recorded music 

whatever

the next album shouldn't be personal, it should be conceptual like a movie....

brandy is too private and not a lot of ppl care about her private life because she doesn't date and doesn't wear fly clothes.....(the reality of today's time)

definitely need a rebranding....I think her free spirited look but she's definitely aging herself when she still look so young.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Kaeli. on January 20, 2021, 04:16:41 PM
I think Bran'Nu shouldn't make any more appearances on any albums or future recorded music
Well shes a great rapper to me but her lyrics are fucking corny she needs a good ghostwriter for the raps

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Luxury

Quote from: RedOctober on January 20, 2021, 02:52:55 PM

... but let that translate into the music. If you're going to be weird, then give weird future rnb vibes.  The girls that are influenced by Brandy, are actually 'doing' Brandy better.

Quote from: Kaeli. on January 20, 2021, 03:58:29 PM

she needs somebody else in control in that studio though I know that much

:ohwow:  :flamebroiled: :ohwow: :flamebroiled: :ohwow: :flamebroiled:

Harlem

She does need to rebrand or "upgrade" really... if she just let actual dope professionals elevate the stuff she wants to do and saying no to the things that doesn't make sense, she'll be gucci

I see where she wants to go but she def needs young Black creatives to handle it w/ a fresh & current eye... the Frank Gatson's & Derek Blanks can't accomplish or connect to the avant garde/alternative R&B shit she wants to do

Album/era could've been sooo much doper or a gem with the correct visuals, singles, image, etc.

long-timeTheRoofFan

Quote from: Harlem on January 20, 2021, 05:54:47 PM
She does need to rebrand or "upgrade" really... if she just let actual dope professionals elevate the stuff she wants to do and saying no to the things that doesn't make sense, she'll be gucci

I see where she wants to go but she def needs young Black creatives to handle it w/ a fresh & current eye... the Frank Gatson's & Derek Blanks can't accomplish or connect to the avant garde/alternative R&B shit she wants to do

Album/era could've been sooo much doper or a gem with the correct visuals, singles, image, etc.

It still could be if she gives us another couple of videos and a few months of performances

Harlem

Quote from: long-timeBfan on January 20, 2021, 06:18:55 PM
Quote from: Harlem on January 20, 2021, 05:54:47 PM

It still could be if she gives us another couple of videos and a few months of performances

Yeah only w/ the right resources though... it'll give cute at most if she continues under a Frank Gatson and Derek Blanks production

Harlem

The fact that Brandy put that horrible Derek Blanks animation of her & Sy'rai back as her profile too smfh

The disrespect, he would've got fired off that alone

BranNu

Quote from: Harlem on January 20, 2021, 06:41:29 PM
The fact that Brandy put that horrible Derek Blanks animation of her & Sy'rai back as her profile too smfh

The disrespect, he would've got fired off that alone

I thought she stopped working with his cheap ass

LordB

Yes.

I feel so disconnected from her this era. I tried, but no.

:stressed:

LordB

Quote from: RedOctober on January 20, 2021, 02:52:55 PM
When it comes to dressing I don't even care about that anymore. Actually Jason Bolden has elevated her bohemian look.

Brandy's clearly in this love is light space. Ok fine, but let that translate into the music. If you're going to be weird, then give weird future rnb vibes. Jhene did a great job infusing sound baths and shit with her album.  The girls that are influenced by Brandy, are actually 'doing' Brandy better.

!!!!!

Vonc2002

I think brandy should do whatever she wants.  It's ok to move along from people if u don't like the artist they are anymore.  If u don't like the music or WHATEVER it's perfectly fine to hang it up.  I don't know why summa y'all just don't let go and let God  :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Zankou.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 20, 2021, 09:17:45 PM
I think brandy should do whatever she wants.  It's ok to move along from people if u don't like the artist they are anymore.  If u don't like the music or WHATEVER it's perfectly fine to hang it up.  I don't know why summa y'all just don't let go and let God  :dead: