Timbaland & Swizz Sells Verzuz , Past Participants Get Stake

Started by rosone1, March 09, 2021, 06:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosone1

New York(CNN)Hip-hop producers Swizz Beatz and Timbaland have sold their popular Verzuz livestream platform to the Triller Network.

The companies didn't disclose the financial terms of the deal Tuesday, but a Triller spokesperson said the Grammy-winning producers would become shareholders in the Triller Network, the parent company for the TikTok-like social video app. Timbaland and Swizz Beatz will share their equity stake with the 43 performers who have appeared on Verzuz since it launched almost a year ago.

Verzuz competitions pit R&B and rap legends against one another in virtual one-on-one music battles.
There is no more disruptive and innovative brand in music today than Verzuz," Triller executive chairman and co-owner Bobby Sarnevesht said in a statement announcing the deal. "We view this acquisition as more of a partnership than an acquisition, as Swizz, Timbaland and the other 43 artists who are all becoming shareholders and partners in Triller Verzuz from this day forward become our voice."

"With this acquisition, Triller continues its evolution to be at the center of culture and the center of music," Sarnevesht and fellow Triller Network shareholder Ryan Kavanaugh said in a joint statement. "Who better to help shape Triller's music future than the top artists in the world overseen by Timbaland and Swizz?"

Verzuz has also featured live chats with political leaders that include Stacey Abrams and current former senator and current vice president Kamala Harris.

Triller has positioned itself as an alternative to TikTok, and it saw a surge in popularity last summer when TikTok's future in the United States was uncertain amid geopolitical wrangling between the Trump administration and China.

Gilgamesh.

Ma Lo

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on March 09, 2021, 06:27:09 PM
Eh it had kinda ran it's course anyway.

Yeah it kinda started and ended with Brandy and Monica tbh

Marilyn

Unless they get the real heavyweights like Mary, Mariah and Beyonce...this shit is kinda over

b7

Verzuz will have legs for as long as they decide to keep it going to be honest. People love drama and the thought of Artists competing

I do think it's time to step up the creativity tho

RAY7

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: RIG 7 on March 09, 2021, 09:25:03 PM
Verzuz will have legs for as long as they decide to keep it going to be honest. People love drama and the thought of Artists competing

yeah, it's done
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

DopeSoul.

!!!

Young

Quote from: DopeSoul. on March 10, 2021, 04:34:51 AM

!!!

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

CHOKE

Marilyn

There's still some life left. Before the TI and Tiny mess there were rumors that the next one would be Xscape vs SWV. Now THAT would do numbers.

Gilgamesh.

They need to end this shit with Krim and Fox and call it a day.

Young

Quote from: DopeSoul. on March 10, 2021, 04:34:51 AM

!!!