Lizzo Explains How Body Poz Aims To Dismantle A System That Oppresses Fat People

Started by Freemala Harris, April 14, 2021, 06:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

bit

The way an all you can eat buffet could be a form of anti-white woke protest

whew

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: Freemala Harris on April 14, 2021, 06:35:25 PM

Though Lizzo has been fairly inactive on her Twitter page over the last year, the singer has been using TikTok to connect with fans, give insight into her personal life, and use her platform to spread awareness about the body positivity movement. In the past, the singer has detailed how hateful comments have affected her body image and now, Lizzo shares what she believes is the real goal of the body positivity movement.

Lizzo explains how the body positivity movement isn't just about body acceptance, but it also recognizes how some people can be discriminated against in healthcare and the workplace because of their size.

Responded to a user who asked their followers if they would "trade places with someone who was on the heavier side," Lizzo expanded on the question:

"If I asked you right now, 'Have you been shamed?' Yes, you've been through a lot, yes, it sucks being a person in this society because we have to go through so much to love ourselves. But would you switch places with a fat person's body tomorrow? You would not because you know there's a whole system that oppresses fat people that you do not experience that you will never experience. So let's remember body positivity. Yes, we want to end harassment and shame, but we also are working to dismantle a system that oppresses fat people."

https://www.lovebscott.com/lizzo-explains-body-positivity-movement-aims-dismantle-system-oppresses-fat-people-video

https://www.tiktok.com/@lizzo/video/6949954690947812613?referer_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lovebscott.com%2F&referer_video_id=6949954690947812613&refer=embed

Go awf quee
Lizzo FCK you ... big ass BITCH

like ... wtf is she even talking about. People are out here DYING and she's fighting for her right to order those couple extra mcchickens as sides to her already super sized combo?! fck this big ass FAT bitch

ophababes.

so forget diabetes, heart disease, struggling to climb stair, not being able to fit ur mess

the ONLY reason a person wouldn't wanna be fat

is because they'd be treated diff!

yea fat ppl like her are delusional as shit  :dead:

Marilyn

Obesity should be compared to addiction instead of racism. Battling a food addiction is just as bad as battling a drug or alcohol addiction. People sympathize with drug addicts but laugh and point at the guests on My 600 lb Life. That should be talked about, not how being fat is like being black.

Kalifornia.

Quote from: Cartierline on April 15, 2021, 10:32:25 AM
Quote from: Freemala Harris on April 15, 2021, 10:20:40 AM
Damn yea

Fuck science  :trannyjblige:

[youtube start=300][/youtube]
sssssss ugh bitch i'm on a damns diet
I need to be on my hot birl summer shit, I can't be seeing shit like this
:stressed:

Aww I'll make you something healthy hon

Kalifornia.

Quote from: Bentley. HARRIS! on April 15, 2021, 11:33:25 AM
Quote from: Freemala Harris on April 14, 2021, 06:35:25 PM

Though Lizzo has been fairly inactive on her Twitter page over the last year, the singer has been using TikTok to connect with fans, give insight into her personal life, and use her platform to spread awareness about the body positivity movement. In the past, the singer has detailed how hateful comments have affected her body image and now, Lizzo shares what she believes is the real goal of the body positivity movement.

Lizzo explains how the body positivity movement isn't just about body acceptance, but it also recognizes how some people can be discriminated against in healthcare and the workplace because of their size.

Responded to a user who asked their followers if they would "trade places with someone who was on the heavier side," Lizzo expanded on the question:

"If I asked you right now, 'Have you been shamed?' Yes, you've been through a lot, yes, it sucks being a person in this society because we have to go through so much to love ourselves. But would you switch places with a fat person's body tomorrow? You would not because you know there's a whole system that oppresses fat people that you do not experience that you will never experience. So let's remember body positivity. Yes, we want to end harassment and shame, but we also are working to dismantle a system that oppresses fat people."

https://www.lovebscott.com/lizzo-explains-body-positivity-movement-aims-dismantle-system-oppresses-fat-people-video

https://www.tiktok.com/@lizzo/video/6949954690947812613?referer_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lovebscott.com%2F&referer_video_id=6949954690947812613&refer=embed

Go awf quee
Lizzo FCK you ... big ass BITCH

Hhgghhhhguuuu  :omgwatshappening:

CHOKE

Letting yourself go and indulging, not giving a shit seems more freeing than oppressive tbh 

Cartierline

Quote from: Kalifornia. on April 15, 2021, 01:03:16 PM
Quote from: Cartierline on April 15, 2021, 10:32:25 AM
Quote from: Freemala Harris on April 15, 2021, 10:20:40 AM
Damn yea

Fuck science  :trannyjblige:

[youtube start=300][/youtube]
sssssss ugh bitch i'm on a damns diet
I need to be on my hot birl summer shit, I can't be seeing shit like this
:stressed:

Aww I'll make you something healthy hon

dsfjdshfjhfhfhhh wtf
:omgwatshappening:

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: Kalifornia. on April 15, 2021, 01:05:51 PM
Y'all have HAD IT with Liz' :plzstop:
ssssssssss

like this is literally ALL she does... day in and day out

it's so tiring. girl go make another album or something and stop being the millennial mammie when they need flavor on an award show

Plastic.

Quote from: You'nt know nann ho! on April 14, 2021, 06:37:37 PM
vfdccsd

gorl...
im prett' sure most ppl dnt wanna be in UR place cuz tht dnt want they belly overlappin tha jean strap!
DHDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDHDBDBXBDBDBDBDBDBDBDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

best selling female rapper of all time

'ology

Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!