Alessia Cara on Backlash : 'I'm Aware That My Music Wasn't Released Yesterday'

Started by Lazarus, January 29, 2018, 03:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navyman

Quote from: AYR on January 29, 2018, 04:20:54 PM
Quote from: Tonkaman on January 29, 2018, 04:14:41 PM
It makes sense though. Her album dropped November 2015(couldn't submit for 2016 grammys, missed deadline. And the single Here didn't  decieve any nominations) Her song Here peaked in January 2016, her follow up single was a moderate hit, the 3rd single Scars to your beautiful peaked end 2016, which became her biggest solo song. along with her Zedd collaborations and logic collaborations in 2017 in which her stock continued to rise. Hence 2018 grammy.
nah, the album was out in time for the 2017 awards
just because it didn?t get nominated shouldn?t put her in contention with artists who just dropped
It probably got submitted and receive no nominations, which still made her edible for 2018, since she impacted 2017 much more with no previous nominations.
:dead:

b7

Quote from: fresh on January 29, 2018, 04:54:16 PM
idk why people put so much stock in the Grammys.
its all political, and purchased. someone is trying to launch her career.

they hardly ever spread the awards out or give them out fairly. its always someone's "night". like it was bruno's last night.

ndnfnfg that?s a great point

He and Kenderick. someone?s always SWEEPING categories and it?s never that clear cut to me

Sing, record and album ...  idk. There was no leader of the pack the last 5 years outside of Adele

b7

Quote from: Baph al Mana. on January 29, 2018, 06:04:34 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on January 29, 2018, 06:03:09 PM
Aw  :'(

I feel bad at poking fun a bit. She?s soooo sweet

The suicide prevention song alone deserves MANY awards. she deserves this
:stressed:

Especially with the rule change that i wasn?t aware of. And yea, SZA has been around even longer but she benefited from the rule change as well.

What SZA should have won is the urban contemporary album award. No fucking way The Weekend should win over her there, not this time
:-/ why just the urban one
what else was she nominated for in terms of the album categories? That?s why i said that

She wasn?t up for album of the year although she should have

b7

Quote from: Tonkaman on January 29, 2018, 06:46:17 PM
Quote from: AYR on January 29, 2018, 04:20:54 PM
It makes sense though. Her album dropped November 2015(couldn't submit for 2016 grammys, missed deadline. And the single Here didn't  decieve any nominations) Her song Here peaked in January 2016, her follow up single was a moderate hit, the 3rd single Scars to your beautiful peaked end 2016, which became her biggest solo song. along with her Zedd collaborations and logic collaborations in 2017 in which her stock continued to rise. Hence 2018 grammy.
nah, the album was out in time for the 2017 awards
just because it didn?t get nominated shouldn?t put her in contention with artists who just dropped
It probably got submitted and receive no nominations, which still made her edible for 2018, since she impacted 2017 much more with no previous nominations.
:dead:
nah

I think once u submit, that should be IT

Genesis

Another white girl who sings r & b that gets critical acclaim over the authentic r & b acts

And Bruno swept damn near all the urban categories :plzstop:

Tried to warn you hoes about Adele :letsmessfag:

FRANCE

Quote from: 1RIG on January 29, 2018, 06:44:38 PM
ummm then she should?ve been nominated in 2017

?Hence 2018 Grammy? doesn?t make sense :dead: but congrats to her

Right. Tori and Alessia released their first single 2 months apart from each other and Alessia got the bigger hit. Tori got her nomination that year for the 2016 Grammys and now Alessia is winning Best New Artist in 2018? C'mon now.

It's really dumb. I remember when they didn't nominated Lady Gaga for BNA because Just Dance was nominated the year before. But then changed the rules in 2015 so that Meghan Trainor could be nominated. Because All About That Bass was nominated for a Grammy the year prior to her winning Best New Artist. It's all shitty.

🦚

She?s a fuckng fraud and I hope this is the end of her.

How you going to weep about popularity and numbers. When that?s the only reason you won.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

BrokenHeartsHeal

Quote from: Sl?Venchy on January 29, 2018, 11:10:20 PM
She?s a fuckng fraud and I hope this is the end of her.

How you going to weep about popularity and numbers. When that?s the only reason you won.

She's talented and a better singer than SZA  :uhh:

BAPHOMET.

BAPHOMET.

and im glad everyone keeps blacking out in her  instagram comments and on twitter  :scrumptious: :scrumptious:

MelMel

b7

Quote from: ETIL on January 29, 2018, 08:57:06 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on January 29, 2018, 06:44:38 PM
ummm then she should?ve been nominated in 2017

?Hence 2018 Grammy? doesn?t make sense :dead: but congrats to her

Right. Tori and Alessia released their first single 2 months apart from each other and Alessia got the bigger hit. Tori got her nomination that year for the 2016 Grammys and now Alessia is winning Best New Artist in 2018? C'mon now.

It's really dumb. I remember when they didn't nominated Lady Gaga for BNA because Just Dance was nominated the year before. But then changed the rules in 2015 so that Meghan Trainor could be nominated. Because All About That Bass was nominated for a Grammy the year prior to her winning Best New Artist. It's all shitty.
what the hell :kii: