Remember when Ppl thought Kelly had finally Booked Bey?

Started by Kaeli., October 17, 2015, 07:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelMel

ssw4919

October 20, 2015, 06:37:24 PM #316 Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 06:37:44 PM by ssw4919
Quote from: RED on October 20, 2015, 01:12:00 PM
H
Kelly doesn't have an infatuation with Beyonxe
I remember one interview where the journalist kept on asking about Beyonce and she cut her off and made it about her lol

That was probably after 10+ years of her doing the exact opposite.  She ALWAYS was Bey's biggest cheerleader.  It was like, girl, hush! :uhh:

ssw4919

Quote from: ........ on October 20, 2015, 01:51:31 PM
Quote from: ssw4919 on October 20, 2015, 01:40:03 PM
Quote from: ........ on October 20, 2015, 11:59:22 AM
There are so many bad decisions made NOW when she's not under Mathew
and y'all give him too much power. If the general public wanted to buy Kelly's music
Mathew was not going to stop them. Furthermore he was Kelly's manager which entitles him to 20% of her earnings, why would he sacrifice his own money to stop Kelly? The fact is Kelly is where Kelly should be. To be honest she's HUGE for her to not be the lead singer of the group.

I think it was very important for every facet of the group, including solo success, to showcase Beyonce as the STAR.  When it looked like Bey could maybe, just maybe be surpassed in terms of solo success, they did what they could to undermine her.  They would never be ok with Bey taking a backseat to Kelly's breakout success.  Plea'.

That said, Kelly has made terrible choices all her own since then, and can't sing well live anymore, so that's on her. :nowgorl:   I just think a lot of her confidence issues stem from the way they came up in Bey's shadow.  If you listen to early DC records and Wide Open, Kelly wasn't far from Bey talent-wise.  Bey's talent was honed and sharpened in a way the other girls weren't allowed and, before you knew it, she was leaps and bounds ahead of them.
Thats all bullshit to be honest though. They ALL got voice lessons, and dance etc. The fact is Bey has more DRIVE than Kelly, always has and will and that has nothing to do with anyone but Kelly. Mathew is a manager, and a manager works FOR an artist, not vice versa. when Kelly & Bey went solo they were GROWN and could have fired Mathew if he was doing anything to her. Kelly just ddnt WANT to. She is happy in Beys shadow, she puts herself there. My sister! A teacher! I learned so much!

It's not, though.  Their original voice coach talked about how Bey got private lessons and was pushed to learn how to construct melodies early on.  She was also urged to record a lot of their songs solo.  When they started, Kelly was much closer to Beyonce vocally.  But the gap widened further and further as they got older.  Part of it is probably laziness, but part of it has to come from being raised in the Knowles house and trained to be "second lead" since childhood.

QuoteWent out separate ways, but I was happy she was killing it
Bittersweet, she was up, I was down
No lie, I feel good for her, but what do I do now?
Forget the records
Off the record, I was going through some bullshit
Post-survivor, she on fire, who wanna hear my bullshit?

She knew her own music sucked.  :dead:

RekeRig

Quote from: FINE. on October 20, 2015, 12:35:26 PM
Djdjjdjdjjdjdjd

Michelle slays in the gospel world

That's her lane. It works.

The gorls need to stop babying Kelly and looking for excuses. She doesn't want it.

The ball has been dropped too many times.
ssssssssss

RekeRig

Quote from: RED on October 20, 2015, 01:12:00 PM
H
Kelly doesn't have an infatuation with Beyonxe
I remember one interview where the journalist kept on asking about Beyonce and she cut her off and made it about her lol
n

Kelly is obsessed with Bey. she just didn't wanna answer personal questions about Bey IMO

RAY7

Quote from: ssw4919 on October 20, 2015, 06:52:21 PM
Quote from: ........ on October 20, 2015, 01:51:31 PM
Quote from: ssw4919 on October 20, 2015, 01:40:03 PM
Quote from: ........ on October 20, 2015, 11:59:22 AM
There are so many bad decisions made NOW when she's not under Mathew
and y'all give him too much power. If the general public wanted to buy Kelly's music
Mathew was not going to stop them. Furthermore he was Kelly's manager which entitles him to 20% of her earnings, why would he sacrifice his own money to stop Kelly? The fact is Kelly is where Kelly should be. To be honest she's HUGE for her to not be the lead singer of the group.

I think it was very important for every facet of the group, including solo success, to showcase Beyonce as the STAR.  When it looked like Bey could maybe, just maybe be surpassed in terms of solo success, they did what they could to undermine her.  They would never be ok with Bey taking a backseat to Kelly's breakout success.  Plea'.

That said, Kelly has made terrible choices all her own since then, and can't sing well live anymore, so that's on her. :nowgorl:   I just think a lot of her confidence issues stem from the way they came up in Bey's shadow.  If you listen to early DC records and Wide Open, Kelly wasn't far from Bey talent-wise.  Bey's talent was honed and sharpened in a way the other girls weren't allowed and, before you knew it, she was leaps and bounds ahead of them.
Thats all bullshit to be honest though. They ALL got voice lessons, and dance etc. The fact is Bey has more DRIVE than Kelly, always has and will and that has nothing to do with anyone but Kelly. Mathew is a manager, and a manager works FOR an artist, not vice versa. when Kelly & Bey went solo they were GROWN and could have fired Mathew if he was doing anything to her. Kelly just ddnt WANT to. She is happy in Beys shadow, she puts herself there. My sister! A teacher! I learned so much!

It's not, though.  Their original voice coach talked about how Bey got private lessons and was pushed to learn how to construct melodies early on.  She was also urged to record a lot of their songs solo.  When they started, Kelly was much closer to Beyonce vocally.  But the gap widened further and further as they got older.  Part of it is probably laziness, but part of it has to come from being raised in the Knowles house and trained to be "second lead" since childhood.

QuoteWent out separate ways, but I was happy she was killing it
Bittersweet, she was up, I was down
No lie, I feel good for her, but what do I do now?
Forget the records
Off the record, I was going through some bullshit
Post-survivor, she on fire, who wanna hear my bullshit?

She knew her own music sucked.  :dead:
They all got private lessons that's how the coach was able to tell all of their strengths & weaknesses. The girl was in the group from 9 yrs old until like 17 when the first album dropped and she sounds great on the first album, so if growing up in the Knowles house was bad she would have already been terrible. It was her being lazy
and Bey being a perfectionist that caused the gap between their vocal skills
and performance level.

and that "who wanna hear my bullshit" line was about her relationship. She felt like no one wanted to hear her problems, not her music. Simply Deep is a quality album y'all be trying it