Zoe Saldana "NINA" movie poster.....d

Started by GLOCK, March 01, 2016, 06:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BranLover

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 04, 2016, 01:29:52 PM
Quote from: RIG on March 04, 2016, 01:20:52 PM
Nina's voice and presence >>>>
!!!!!!!!!!
These Faggots are so :uhh: every bitch ain't concerned about her runs.  This bitch was iconic and WELL before Beyonce thought it was marketable and releasing formation,  this bitch was in the lion's den preaching that message.  Someone showed this in one of my music classes and it fckn moved me.  This was after that big incident in Mississippi and that bitch was fed da fck up.  She sat in front of this white audience and PREACHED in this damn song.  Music wasn't always about who flipped their hair the most or who hit the highest note. Do yourself a favor and watch this thru.  She had a lil speech at the beginning but they cut it off. Nina was sick of the shit.

Ommmffff Yeeesss Vonc!!! One of my former professors put us on this. Nina was probably one of the first to really speak out against social injustice in her music. I think this was around the time James Meredith got beat up by some white people.

LiiVE

Quote from: SexWithFam? on March 04, 2016, 03:05:47 PM
Quote from: Baphomet. on March 04, 2016, 03:01:43 PM
A lot of young people don't know who Nina Is. Hell she went under a lot of older people's noses also. Tbh. They know the song "I put a spell on you"  if they heard it. It's been  used a Lot in movies, TV shows, etc. But not much has ever been referenced to her the artist. I haven't seen anything talked about her myself. I just so happened to stumble across her music when I was in the 9th grade (23 now).
That documentary &  this movie are the only big things that have really shed light on her for this current generation.
!!!!!!!!!!!

I never heard of this woman till this thread.
ok cool

BranLover

Nina just had this essence that I don't believe Zoe has even an ounce of. Idk, like someone really in touch with their blackness should've gotten this role. Hopefully she proves everyone wrong.

Herb.

BAPHOMET.