“The Artists Aren’t As Innovative As They Should Be” (R&B)

Started by Wtv, August 22, 2015, 01:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AIDS!

It's not that weirdo Amerie Stan
He doesn't make sense

RAY7

n
well that stuff about looking back 50 years from now
sounds like something he'd say

Admin

Quote from: SCOTTland on August 25, 2015, 02:31:58 AM
Quote from: iman on August 25, 2015, 12:14:59 AM
Quote from: SCOTTland on August 24, 2015, 09:18:33 AM
How can you bash R&B singers for using the same producers, when these microwave oven ass pop stars do the same?

!!!! If anything these R&B artists put more effort into their production than these generic Pop artists.

but it's easier tearing down black artists and their music than the shitty Pop artists.

Right.

They wouldn't be getting torn down if the shit was top 40
Who here said the current Top 40 pop artists put more effort into their music? It's pop music. It's expected to be whack. R&B on the other hand is a quality genre, and in my opinion the quality has declined over the last few years.

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

n

I swear Bey be having the girls minds. Queen doesn't need a Diamond alber when DC is at 120 million records sold with 2 8x platinum messes and she's at 55 million as a solo artist (actual worldwide stats for you wiki source dummies.) The Hive is good.

Wtv

Quote from: squid on August 25, 2015, 05:59:15 AM
How can you bash R&B singers for using the same producers, when these microwave oven ass pop stars do the same?

!!!! If anything these R&B artists put more effort into their production than these generic Pop artists.

but it's easier tearing down black artists and their music than the shitty Pop artists.

Right.

Who here said the current Top 40 pop artists put more effort into their music? It's pop music. It's expected to be whack. R&B on the other hand is a quality genre, and in my opinion the quality has declined over the last few years.

Basically.

A good question would be: Where are the Michaels, the Whitneys, the Janets or the Lauryn Hills of current generation? Where are the new classics?

the sad answer is that there arent. Thats the main issue here. Not about sales or Billboard position. The music isnt as great as it was back in the day. None can deny that.

Its not about pop acts vs r&b acts, thats irrelevant. Its about R&b genre itself. Is it in its best shape possible?......... No. We need new classics, well, the genre needs new classics. The day it happens again, the genre will get more spotlight.

Scott.

August 25, 2015, 09:51:19 AM #52 Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:55:48 AM by SCOTTland

Right.

And who said I was discussing people here? It's a GENERAL statement number one. Number two, it has declined. Duh. I know that already, but it doesn't negate anything that Iman said.

Scott.

Quote from: S.S on August 25, 2015, 09:39:56 AM

Right.

Basically.

A good question would be: Where are the Michaels, the Whitneys, the Janets or the Lauryn Hills of current generation? Where are the new classics?

the sad answer is that there arent. Thats the main issue here. Not about sales or Billboard position. The music isnt as great as it was back in the day. None can deny that.

Its not about pop acts vs r&b acts, thats irrelevant. Its about R&b genre itself. Is it in its best shape possible?......... No. We need new classics, well, the genre needs new classics. The day it happens again, the genre will get more spotlight.

Ok and nobody said it was in it's best shape. It's pretty CLEAR that it hasn't been in it's best shape since 2008. At the end of the day, the point is, R&B music is always torn down, but bitches like Taylor Swift, someone whose music isn't even all that great gets a pass because her ass is making shit that's topping the charts. I feel like it's easy for people to constantly diss R&B music vs Pop music and that's just how I feel.

RAY7

Quote from: SCOTTland on August 25, 2015, 09:54:28 AM
Quote from: S.S on August 25, 2015, 09:39:56 AM

Right.

Basically.

Ok and nobody said it was in it's best shape. It's pretty CLEAR that it hasn't been in it's best shape since 2008. At the end of the day, the point is, R&B music is always torn down, but bitches like Taylor Swift, someone whose music isn't even all that great gets a pass because her ass is making shit that's topping the charts. I feel like it's easy for people to constantly diss R&B music vs Pop music and that's just how I feel.
I agree
R&B isnt even as bad as ppl are acting, there is good and bad music out and always as been. tbh I think albums are stronger nowadays, back in the 90s & early 2000s a lot of albums had a LOT of filler ad nothing was great except the singles

Lazarus

Mainstream R&B sucks now. Same recycled bullshit songs. No diversity whatsoever.

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

Quote from: FOHWTBS on August 25, 2015, 10:56:26 AM
Mainstream R&B sucks now. Same recycled bullshit songs. No diversity whatsoever.

They should be blaming their faves for that. There is a reason Bey, Herpe, Nicki are successful. They step out of their box and offer different shit musically and find different unique ways to be creative and get their messes out. I mean Nicki not so much, well as far as hip hop I guess her pop girl aspirations are unique ehh

Dee

I won't even include DICKi.

But tbh, Bey and Rih aren't even stepping outside the box musically. They just give a quick Trap KNOCK tea or some R&B/Pop Ballad mess. Nothing groundbreaking

Lazarus

Quote from: ⅆ ⅇ ⅉ ⅈ. on August 25, 2015, 11:10:35 AM

They should be blaming their faves for that. There is a reason Bey, Herpe, Nicki are successful. They step out of their box and offer different shit musically and find different unique ways to be creative and get their messes out. I mean Nicki not so much, well as far as hip hop I guess her pop girl aspirations are unique ehh

Yeah Nicki hasn't done anything "diverse"  that Lil' Kim haven't already accomplished or achieved.

Rihanna she's not exciting anymore. Her whole movement is becoming redundant.

Beyonce no comment.

RekeRig

Quote from: ⅆ ⅇ ⅉ ⅈ. on August 25, 2015, 11:10:35 AM

n

All those girls make basic ass music. stop