“The Artists Aren’t As Innovative As They Should Be” (R&B)

Started by Wtv, August 22, 2015, 01:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RekeRig

Quote from: squid on August 25, 2015, 05:59:15 AM
Quote from: SCOTTland on August 25, 2015, 02:31:58 AM
Quote from: iman on August 25, 2015, 12:14:59 AM
Quote from: SCOTTland on August 24, 2015, 09:18:33 AM
How can you bash R&B singers for using the same producers, when these microwave oven ass pop stars do the same?

!!!! If anything these R&B artists put more effort into their production than these generic Pop artists.

but it's easier tearing down black artists and their music than the shitty Pop artists.

Right.

They wouldn't be getting torn down if the shit was top 40
Who here said the current Top 40 pop artists put more effort into their music? It's pop music. It's expected to be whack. R&B on the other hand is a quality genre, and in my opinion the quality has declined over the last few years.
pop music is not expected to be whack. that's BS

That was once a quality genre as well. music in general is suffering, period. Namely mainstream music

yummy

quality music exists in both pop and R&B. one isn't more intrinsically better than the other.

the issue is why taylor swift can get away with microwaving bullshit and being praised for it while R&B artists are expected to be Mozart. 

yummy

but if we're being totally honest, mainstream music has always been crappy and dumbed down for the masses. that's nothing new. we remember what we enjoy and apply the nostalgia from that to everything else that was being released at the time.

I was just reading an article with D'Angelo saying R&B had become too club-oriented and the interview was from the late nineties. :dead:

RekeRig

Quote from: ANIMMAI on August 25, 2015, 02:28:56 PM
quality music exists in both pop and R&B. one isn't more intrinsically better than the other.

the issue is why taylor swift can get away with microwaving bullshit and being praised for it while R&B artists are expected to be Mozart.
tears

Scott.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on August 25, 2015, 02:28:56 PM

THANK YOU!!!

MAY

Quote from: iman on August 25, 2015, 12:13:25 AM
cracks me up when the Bey stans want to add DC to her career mess when it's convenient

!!!

bbbbbbbbbbbb

MAY

Quote from: ANIMMAI on August 25, 2015, 02:05:01 AM
n

gonna have to agree with bulldag'

she seems to know what she's talking about! the gorls are just a bit biased...

!!!
He's in here preaching. I use. :supluv: