Honesty Hour: Do you police yourself on not being "too black" in public?

Started by 4 fucking k, November 22, 2016, 02:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yummy

Quote from: Vonc2002 on November 22, 2016, 02:30:05 PM
Quote from: Diego on November 22, 2016, 02:26:01 PM
Curiosuly enough, if you go to an HBCU, the exact opposite is true. You get called out for not being boisterous or excitable.
Oh ive heard this before too. I actually even heard it from a couple of white people at work.  u don't act black
I had to light those bitches up. Wtf is acting black? I can't stand no bullshit like that

s

Gilgamesh.

Yeah, there's was a scene in the last ep of Insecure when Issa read the shit out of her White colleagues (it's actually an internal monologue) and it made me kii cause I think every Black person, especially working in an office, has had those moments. When I started my new job, i had to remind myself not to speak in my accent when I got annoyed and not to bring in any Caribbean food for at least a month :dead:

Vonc2002

Quote from: BENTLEY. on November 22, 2016, 02:28:59 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on November 22, 2016, 02:23:28 PM
Maybe sometimes but only in professional settings. I never wanna feed into that angry black man thing and give the white people i work with tha satisfaction of that.  But personally, in everyday life, no
!!!!!!

I'm the same way
I've always just felt like there was a time and place for everything

I've never felt it was constricting. If there's a room of older black ppl, I alter my behavior as well to not come off as disrespectful.

I can't ever say I've actually sat and thought, "oh theres only white ppl here, I better act this way"
U know what, true. Ive never thought "white people, better put on white face". Very good analogy too because i do the same for church people, old people, etc
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

KING BENTLEY.

sss

wait.... Zebra posting this?!  :plzstop:

she's so annoying, always trying to excuse her behavior with some afrocentric logic, all while slathering whitening cream on herself

bitch you're a coon ... don't try to speak for all black people because you went to a fancy party, showed your ass and got TOSSED.

H.#.G.*.Z

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on November 22, 2016, 02:32:29 PM
Curiosuly enough, if you go to an HBCU, the exact opposite is true. You get called out for not being boisterous or excitable.
Oh ive heard this before too. I actually even heard it from a couple of white people at work.  u don't act black
I had to light those bitches up. Wtf is acting black? I can't stand no bullshit like that

s

f

does he work for Stevie Wonder?

BAPHOMET.

I actually even heard it from a couple of white people at work.  u don't act black

alright. you're done in here

Kurama

Quote from: Diego on November 22, 2016, 02:31:15 PM
Quote from: Kurama on November 22, 2016, 02:30:43 PM

What HBCU did you attend? I never got this...

Morehouse

Yuck

4 fucking k

I realized today I did this when I went to the liquor store in like the whiter area and kept thinking "Oh shit they think I'm stealing" :kii: Like how do you feel guilty when you're not even doing it :kii: just cause they were all white and I had sunglasses and a scarf on in the store and they kept staring :kii:

Do y'all ever PRAY that stealing detector thing at the door doesn't just start going the fuck off for no reason?  :plzstop:

Kurama

Quote from: Baphomet. on November 22, 2016, 02:33:56 PM
I actually even heard it from a couple of white people at work.  u don't act black

alright. you're done in here

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

and fck u

4 fucking k

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on November 22, 2016, 02:33:47 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on November 22, 2016, 02:32:29 PM

s

f

does he work for Stevie Wonder?

BITCH

D.I.E.G.O.

GRAND

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on November 22, 2016, 02:32:28 PM
This is honestly the reason why I go out of my way to tip more in restaurants too.
n

I have no issue perpetuating that stereotype

You give me shitty service, you dont get SHIT

Vonc2002

Alright morehouse, come on 'ego
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

4 fucking k

I agree with you guys about the professional setting mess but I honestly don't give a fuck if that white bitch decides to get froggy, I'm reading ha. I'll be the 'angry black girl' if you try me. And honestly white bitches LOVE testing black women when they're well spoken and have their shit together. They feel insecure and want to start throwing shade.

KING BENTLEY.

Diego was it alot of MESS going on @ Morehouse?

which frat got down the most?

H.#.G.*.Z