Talisa was fucking DRAGGED.... Very clear thread, as well.

Started by XXX., March 28, 2017, 06:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXX.

Quote from: Saint on March 28, 2017, 06:49:35 PM
Quote from: Blond?. on March 28, 2017, 06:47:18 PM
Quote from: Bougi?. on March 28, 2017, 06:44:37 PM
:guys:

Even Britney is a laughing stock now.

Britney became an icon before she fell off though

That's true.

My main point, though, is there isn't any real longevity as a superstar anymore selling sex w/ choreography and lightly cooing over the beat.  You have to really be able to sing and mess.

The public just does not see it for a non-stop 8-count and headset mic.

'ology

Quote from: Lazarus on March 28, 2017, 06:51:02 PM
Quote from: Blond?. on March 28, 2017, 06:49:18 PM
Quote from: Lazarus on March 28, 2017, 06:46:52 PM
c

Dumb thread. At some point Ciara & Mya did pop. Christina always flew under the radar. Tinashe well..

No one said they didn't have some success, but it wasn't anything strong & solid beyond 5 years.

Especially Mya.

What classic album does she have?  I can't even name 5 Mya singles. LOL.

v
Z
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

leftout

Quote from: Lazarus on March 28, 2017, 06:51:51 PM
Quote from: ShutYourMouth. on March 28, 2017, 06:49:52 PM
This is a confusing thread. If they never pop offed... how did they fizzle out? :ummwhat:

!!!!!!

Dumb thread.  :dead:
Yeah, it was kind of all over the place for me. Maybe someone can make a similar one in a month, but have it be a little more... intention-centered?  :wheresmylawyer:

FINE.

DNNDNFNFFNN

Would I lie?

There has not been anyone to really crossover and become a bonafide superstar using the Janet blueprint.

No one but Janet and Madonna could really BOOK in their lane for 15-20 years.
You might be right. I've been waiting for the next dancer/singer for a minute and haven't really used any like THAT tbh. As of late they have just been all terrible.

XXX.

Quote from: ShutYourMouth. on March 28, 2017, 06:49:52 PM
This is a confusing thread. If they never pop offed... how did they fizzle out? :ummwhat:

I mean really PUNCH through and BOOK.  World tours, back to back hits, album eras, etc.

Really pushing beyond the first couple albums and continuing into superstardom, musically.  There's no longevity in the Janet style singer/dancer in 2017. 

Ciara is probably the last to even kind of do it.  But someone like say... Tinashe... will never make it.  20 first singles later.  The public does not USE that blueprint.

Young

This is silly.

They all have a lane and to be a great artist you don't need a BIG voice.
Sometimes a pleasant tone >>>>

BrokenHeartsHeal

March 28, 2017, 07:00:15 PM #21 Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:00:45 PM by BrokenHeartsHeal
gotta take into factor that the public aint even using the black sangers either dddd

Lazarus

And Janet didn't initially POP off either. :dead: She had 2 flops albums to her name before she cut ties with her father and got with Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis. But DEW.

FINE.

I see what he's saying. Before Queen died :ohwow: Ciara was the closest to that Janet status but umm she kinda dropped the ball.

Young

FINE.

Oh maybe j lo but she wanted to be the Latina Meryl Streep instead

Young

No Black girl really has a lane to really SLAY right now besides the 3 we see over and over again.

Has nothing to do with a "weak voice" or never popping off

Black artists...especially singers aren't getting the support they use to get

FINE.

XXX.

Quote from: Bougi?. on March 28, 2017, 06:57:18 PM

DNNDNFNFFNN

Would I lie?

There has not been anyone to really crossover and become a bonafide superstar using the Janet blueprint.

No one but Janet and Madonna could really BOOK in their lane for 15-20 years.
You might be right. I've been waiting for the next dancer/singer for a minute and haven't really used any like THAT tbh. As of late they have just been all terrible.

I think the early 2000's superstars like Usher, Beyonce, Alicia & Justin T kind of shifted that 80s/90s style artist that heavily relies on choreography & head set mics out of the picture. 

You have to be a great LIVE act now.  There are some exceptions, but they ain't black!