So non Beyonc? fans/stans! How y'all feel about "Lemonade"?

Started by GLOCK, April 24, 2016, 10:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chameleon

GLOCK

"Freedom" is shifting my hairline a bit... giving a bit of VONC

Chameleon

She's trying to give "artist" and I'm
Not buying it. Visuals, spoken word, etc. which she had no creative input in but to just show up

CHOKE

The fact that non fans/stans are even listening to it says a lot TBH

Like I STILL haven't heard ANTI and don't plan to either.

Chameleon

LOONA.

She obviously has alot of creative input in her projects.  :dead:

Bertha just stale and hating as always.   

FRANCE

It's my least fave of all her albums. Last night, I was underwhelmed but I'm listening to it more now and its really growing on me.

Best songs:
Hold Up
Sorry
All Night
Love Drought
Daddy Lessons

The other songs are fine. Wouldnt call them fillers, but they aren't very strong. She coulda came harder. And the movie was boring as fuck with that damn Maya Angelou monologue between each songs.

One thing I must say is that I LOVE that these last 2 albums have been very personal. It makes me connect a lot more knowing the music is her.

Real

I thought the movie was nicely shot. Great visuals on some parts. Can't really say I'm impressed with the music. I really like Freedom, All Night, and the Daddy song. Most of the rest I couldn't really get into. Maybe they will grow on me if I continue to listen.  There's a certain sound and vibe I particularly like from Beyonce, but this isn't it. But I respect her for trying to push herself.

FRANCE

Quote from: Big Bertha on April 24, 2016, 10:35:47 AM
It's not that great. I'm Not understanding the hype.
:ohwow:

To be honest, a lot of people are going up JUST because it's Beyonce. The impact and the way she released the music >>> the actual music itself.

It's definitely not a bad album though. Just could be better.

D.I.E.G.O.

I am surprised. I thought I'd hate it, but I don't. I like some of the tracks a lot. Aside from the visual, I don't think it's anything groundbreaking. If it was just an album release, I think I'd be disappointed like usual and bop to  few tracks. Some of the visuals were very powerful.

Chameleon

Quote from: Francois Lite on April 24, 2016, 10:41:46 AM
Quote from: Big Bertha on April 24, 2016, 10:35:47 AM
It's not that great. I'm Not understanding the hype.
:ohwow:

To be honest, a lot of people are going up JUST because it's Beyonce. The impact and the way she released the music >>> the actual music itself.

That's the point I don't get. If I Stan for anyone and they release some garbage ass music in not about to fake go up for it

Vonc2002

In the context of that movie,  i loved it.  Like I kinda wanna go to her show now.  I need to  listen to the album as JUST an album but I wanna be home and give it my full attention. I loved the visuals and evrything tho. 
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

GLOCK

Yeah..
Honestly I didn't really get the visuals..
So hopefully there are music videos for the singles...
But I don't think it's a bad album..
But I will say you fans really tricked me into thinking this was gonna be a bday part 2 and then others said it would be controversial in terms of race and mess/civil rights and shit

But no. It's just a husband bashing alber with them making back up..
I applaud her for being open about her picture perfect life

Vonc2002

Like the sounds she was playin with. The rock, the country,  im kinda fckn impressed as of right now tbh
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw