Official Queens on ABC thread!! (Queens Finale Tonight)

Started by b7, September 10, 2021, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young

Quote from: Sovereign. on November 04, 2021, 11:30:04 PM
Live ratings aren't a major determine factor for a shows success anymore. "Queens" could very well see a follow up season. It's no. 2 on Hulu streaming.  Article below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/tv/news/abc-live-same-day-ratings-1203401162/amp/

Right.

n

And tbh I don't think the show's main target audience are people who usually watch ABC @ 10pm during the week

clearly, a lot of The girls are catching the tea on Hulu the next day

Scott.

Quote from: Young on November 04, 2021, 11:42:17 PM
Live ratings aren't a major determine factor for a shows success anymore. "Queens" could very well see a follow up season. It's no. 2 on Hulu streaming.  Article below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/tv/news/abc-live-same-day-ratings-1203401162/amp/

Right.

n

And tbh I don't think the show's main target audience are people who usually watch ABC @ 10pm during the week

clearly, a lot of The girls are catching the tea on Hulu the next day

I def watch it on Hulu. I work late on Tuesday nights

TriBeCa

That's not true. Even if the show is doing well on Hulu, ABC's priority is to get viewers on their own network. It's all about they money. More viewers translates into more profit from advertisers. They can charge more money for commercials to air, which is why advertisers pay millions for a 30 second commercial to air during the Super Bowl. Queens is at big risk of getting cancelled after the 13th episode. The ratings are embarrassingly low and the budget is huge. Queens shouldn't be getting less than 4 million viewers on ABC and next week they'll most likely get less than 1 million. They might want to try a different time slot, but people need to start watching on ABC or the show will be done on their network.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Ulysses on November 04, 2021, 11:21:55 PM
A miracle will be needed for this show to be renewed. We all love Bran, but there is no denying the bad ratings. As much as I want her to succeed, I don't think this show is it.

dont be negative. speak it into existence.  ppl dont watch LIVE tv that much cause if they did they wouldnt be promoting watching it on HULU

Heated🔥

Quote from: Troye on November 05, 2021, 01:18:16 AM
Quote from: Ulysses on November 04, 2021, 11:21:55 PM
A miracle will be needed for this show to be renewed. We all love Bran, but there is no denying the bad ratings. As much as I want her to succeed, I don't think this show is it.

dont be negative. speak it into existence.  ppl dont watch LIVE tv that much cause if they did they wouldnt be promoting watching it on HULU
!!!

BrandonBranlee

I love the show and I just hope people start to catch on. He's not wrong about the ratings. It will take a miracle to get a second season with ratings like this. I don't know if they ever thought about doing a live performance, but when I found out eve was pregnant I just knew it wouldn't happen... 

Rxxf

The time slot is terrible, though.
It's way too late on a Tuesday night.
:dead:
BRANDY

Rxxf

I'm just happy the show happened period. And I'm good with that.
BRANDY

Demetri Lipa 🤴🏾

November 05, 2021, 04:55:02 AM #2919 Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 09:53:08 AM by Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾
Quote from: Somebody's RIG on November 04, 2021, 07:16:09 PM
It's this part for me

QuoteEve stars alongside Naturi Naughton, Nadine Velazquez and Brandy in Queens which has been well received, scoring a rare 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes for a broadcast series. It also is the #1 most social new broadcast program of the season in the Talkwalker Social Content Ratings.

:ohwow:
Told you that hulu intern was snooping for a reason.
French Exit ♻️

It's not a broken heart if I don't break it
"Goodbye" doesn't hurt if I don't say it
And I really hope you'll understand it
Only way to go is a French exit

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Demetri Lipa 🤴🏾

Quote from: Rxxf on November 05, 2021, 02:23:18 AM
The time slot is terrible, though.
It's way too late on a Tuesday night.
:dead:
No it's not. You know how many tv shows been on at 9  lmao.
French Exit ♻️

pop

Quest

I've only watched on Hulu. What time is it on live? 10pm?

Cowgirl

Quote from: Distance on November 05, 2021, 09:42:38 AM
I've only watched on Hulu. What time is it on live? 10pm?
Yes. I don't watch live tv like that but what other shows come on at 10?
:shook:

Demetri Lipa 🤴🏾

Quote from: TriBeCa on November 04, 2021, 11:49:24 PM

That's not true. Even if the show is doing well on Hulu, ABC's priority is to get viewers on their own network. It's all about they money. More viewers translates into more profit from advertisers. They can charge more money for commercials to air, which is why advertisers pay millions for a 30 second commercial to air during the Super Bowl. Queens is at big risk of getting cancelled after the 13th episode. The ratings are embarrassingly low and the budget is huge. Queens shouldn't be getting less than 4 million viewers on ABC and next week they'll most likely get less than 1 million. They might want to try a different time slot, but people need to start watching on ABC or the show will be done on their network.
Thank you!!!! Somebody gets it! They don't have upfronts every year for nothing. Each show circumstances are different.
French Exit ♻️