How did you grow up.. Poor, middle class, wealthy or rich? And did it affect

Started by GLOCK, July 01, 2016, 02:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

Quote from: ralfael on July 01, 2016, 02:40:52 PM

Did you have caregivers who instilled education? That's a resource.
Were you taught to work, earn and manage your keep, no matter how rich or poor your family was? That's a resource.
It shapes who you are and what you end up doing later in life IF YOU PAY ATTENTION.
so true. With that, money will come

Scott.

I always wondered how things would've been if I went to private school, verses the public schools I went to. And plus I come from a small town, where ALL of us in the city went to the same elementary, middle and high schools. Each and EVERY ONE of us.

And I come from a family of educators (on my mom's side). Most of my aunts and cousins are all teachers.

BORderline

Middle class/wealthy for your standards but for the bush... I was RICH.

A Pool, my mom had a 540 Benz and I had a Compaq computer in 2000 + its modem! 😂 In the bush, THAT was MAJOR at this point.

"Lets GO to Bor's crib, he has air conditioning in his room and the satellite TV"

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Well i got fckn HIT in Catholic school by teachers n i was fckn over it :nowgorl:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

hewritez

Wealth is a double-edged sword. One of my closest friends tried to kill herself by overdosing on meds.

I remember visiting her in the hospital and her mom was in complete denial. In fact she left for a couple hours to go "shopping".

She was taking pictures of us in the room because she thought we looked "cute"  :uhh:

Her father completely dismissed any ideas of mental illness or depression and simply said she "should have taken her CPA exam. If she had a good job she wouldn't feel this way."

Her sisters, jealous because she lived in the high-rise condo her parents bought, said, "why would she try to kill herself when she lives in such a nice building?"

I was appalled. I had never seen a family so out-of-touch with reality.

4 fucking k

My upbringing was similar to hewritez minus being in the 1%. I grew up in a nice, quiet neighborhood. Middle class. My dad has a really good job and my mom doesn't have to work but she just does to keep herself busy and buy extra stuff ;fff Spoiled. Got all the latest mess growing up. Dressed nice etc. I grew up getting all I ever wanted so imagine hearing "no" as I got older :uhh: and had to cut myself off in my 20's. Well not really cut off cause my parents still helps omf but yea... I think it's safe to say I don't know yet what it's like to be completely independent. And yea, growing up with giving parents can make you really naive and a different mentality from other more independent ppl. Like some ppl side eye you if you're not all like "Independent womuh! struggling! 3 jobs!" :uhh:

Honestly, I always wanted to grow up in the hood :ohwow: I remember when my parents used to drive by the projects in south part of Dallas I used to be all like :ohwow: and the all black schools seemed edgy as fuck. I think a tough upbringing builds character and gives you more stories to tell. And there seemed to be more unity.

Lazarus

Scott.

Quote from: imani on July 01, 2016, 03:52:33 PM
My upbringing was similar to hewritez minus being in the 1%. I grew up in a nice, quiet neighborhood. Middle class. My dad has a really good job and my mom doesn't have to work but she just does to keep herself busy and buy extra stuff ;fff Spoiled. Got all the latest mess growing up. Dressed nice etc. I grew up getting all I ever wanted so imagine hearing "no" as I got older :uhh: and had to cut myself off in my 20's. Well not really cut off cause my parents still helps omf but yea... I think it's safe to say I don't know yet what it's like to be completely independent. And yea, growing up with giving parents can make you really naive and a different mentality from other more independent ppl. Like some ppl side eye you if you're not all like "Independent womuh! struggling! 3 jobs!" :uhh:

Honestly, I always wanted to grow up in the hood :ohwow: I remember when my parents used to drive by the projects in south part of Dallas I used to be all like :ohwow: and the all black schools seemed edgy as fuck. I think a tough upbringing builds character and gives you more stories to tell. And there seemed to be more unity.

Not you WANTING to be in the hood with the hood bitches. I'm a bit intrigued  :ohwow:

Vonc2002

Quote from: Scott. on July 01, 2016, 03:53:51 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 01, 2016, 03:50:27 PM
Not idgaf of u learn or not :uhh: :dead:

I've heard several teachers say that.
Im sorry but sdsssssssss
Ive never heard a teacher say some mess like this.
I can't take the teachers like learn or don't, WHATEVER! :nowgorl:
:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

GRAND

But honestly I'm not sure what class I'd say we belonged to growing up

I didn't have sense of money until I got my own apartment though Ddddss

Rxxf

Quote from: Glock on July 01, 2016, 03:03:31 PM
I grew up in the projects and in the hood
Often times homeless ..
But my mother worked very hard to get us from one side of town to another
I appreciate everything I've worked hard for because I remember not having food.. Not knowing where id sleep and things..
And I respect my mother for showing us the meaning of climbing from the bottom up..
That's why I was so determined to graduate college.. It was for her ...
And anyone that dates me hears my story and is so shocked .. I guess because of the way i carry myself and shit..
It just helped me appreciate ppl as well..

I love you, cousin.
BRANDY