So I also did this DNA test and the results are kind of shocking to me...

Started by Purple Moon, October 28, 2015, 08:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewie

this is interesting.....and how is it that on the map you're mostly north african....but in the percentages it says european :everythingok:

Stewie

Herb.

Here's an idea.....Upload your raw DNA from 23andme to GEDMatch.com

They give a much more detailed breakdown that could help you.
They separate NA heritage into American Indian (tribes) and Mesomerican (Hispanic heritage), etc.

It's free. Use the "HappaWorld" calculator.  :flamebroiled:

STUNNA GOD

Herb.

I'm still shocked that you have NA heritage and don't know of it. :dead: And so much of it. :dead: :dead: Are you closer to one side of your family than another? I was raised by mom's side, and my grandmother at that. So I ALWAYS had to hear stories about her mother -- how she raised them, taught them values , how she is using her mother's techniques to raise us
blah blah blah LOL. :dead: So I very well knew who Chief was.

Had I been raised by another side of my family I wouldn't have known much of her or that heritage. Are you close with both sides of your family? Cuz this seems like almost half of you is Native, that is very very close. :uhh: WHich is weird, since you're in Europe. :dead: :dead: I'm trying to connect the dots here.....Where is your family from?

Purple Moon

ok thanks, i will have to investigate when i have some more time. essentially i think this might be an error since i don't know of any native american history really. and uploading my raw dna to a different site now sounds scary though....
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

Purple Moon

Herb.

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on October 28, 2015, 09:54:10 AM
ok thanks, i will have to investigate when i have some more time. essentially i think this might be an error since i don't know of any native american history really. and uploading my raw dna to a different site now sounds scary though....
Uploading the raw DNA file is scary but spitting your DNA in a tube and blindly sending it through the mail wasn't?  :plzstop: You raw DNA is already on the internet, since you sent it in. :plzstop: It really won't make much of a difference to upload it to GEDMatch.

I'm just trying to make sense of your results. You're in Europe so to have so much Native heritage is baffling me.

Herb.

I knew something was fishy.

DNA is just more than "oh look at what it says! :cheerup: woo hoo! "

Dots should be able to be connected.

I can understand a black person with native heritage not really knowing
it's small for us.
but a dumbfounded HALF native in Europe automatically raised red flags.  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

i forgot this was Ifran which is why I originally took this mess seriously :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

Purple Moon

Quote from: Herbie on October 28, 2015, 10:00:24 AM

i feel dumb and the actual chart is nothing i wouldn't have expected.
never mind...

Admin

Purple Moon

Quote from: Herbie on October 28, 2015, 10:00:24 AM

I can understand a black person with native heritage not really knowing
it's small for us.
but a dumbfounded HALF native in Europe automatically raised red flags.  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

i forgot this was Ifran which is why I originally took this mess seriously :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

are u saying i staged all of this to get a reaction out of you?  :uhh: