How did you grow up.. Poor, middle class, wealthy or rich? And did it affect

Started by GLOCK, July 01, 2016, 02:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy Nine

I would say middle class, but there was a good year or two where we were moving around, but my Mom worked diligently to get us into a good, stable environment, even though she struggled sometimes.

Glenda

But I grew up around a lot of rich people and I went to school with a lot of rich kids. I actually live in the richest county in the country.  :dead: :dead: :dead:

Vonc2002

Quote from: Glenda on July 01, 2016, 04:05:40 PM
But I grew up around a lot of rich people and I went to school with a lot of rich kids. I actually live in the richest county in the country.  :dead: :dead: :dead:
So do u consider yourself........elite :sup:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

4 fucking k

Quote from: hewritez on July 01, 2016, 03:51:53 PM
Wealth is a double-edged sword. One of my closest friends tried to kill herself by overdosing on meds.

I remember visiting her in the hospital and her mom was in complete denial. In fact she left for a couple hours to go "shopping".

She was taking pictures of us in the room because she thought we looked "cute"  :uhh:

Her father completely dismissed any ideas of mental illness or depression and simply said she "should have taken her CPA exam. If she had a good job she wouldn't feel this way."

Her sisters, jealous because she lived in the high-rise condo her parents bought, said, "why would she try to kill herself when she lives in such a nice building?"

I was appalled. I had never seen a family so out-of-touch with reality.

Are you Indian? I feel like foreigners in general have this mentality.

My African parents def. do. In fact, it took my mom taking a psych class to figure out why her older brother was a nut ;fff I swear foreigners think they're immune to mental illness.

"We give you everthing, the fuck you mean depression? Depressed about what?"   :plzstop: and don't get them started cause they will start rambling about their own childhoods. And it's crazy how the communities try to HIDE suicides. And claim they're accidents. I really can't.

Sinpool

I'm a firm believer that where you grow up dictates how you see life.

I recently found out the town I live in is below the poverty line, but when people told me I couldn't believe it because my family has always lived comfortable. I attended a private school and lived in a beautiful neighborhood, but when I really thought about it, it did make sense.

I went to a private school up until my 9th grade year. The private school stopped at the 8th grade and the only way I'd be able to continue private school education would have been for me to move to a different town or go to the white school. I began attending public schooling and Lord it was DEPLORABLE. The students there were dumb as rocks. I remember when took a reading test when we were in the 10th grade and literally half my class results came back said that they read on 5th levels and below.

So I honestly don't blame "ghetto" people for how they act. They can't help it.

Glenda

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 01, 2016, 04:07:16 PM
Quote from: Glenda on July 01, 2016, 04:05:40 PM
So do u consider yourself........elite :sup:

d

I wish

I never wanted for anything as a kid, though. I was pretty spoiled tbh.

hewritez

Quote from: imani on July 01, 2016, 04:07:23 PM
Wealth is a double-edged sword. One of my closest friends tried to kill herself by overdosing on meds.

I remember visiting her in the hospital and her mom was in complete denial. In fact she left for a couple hours to go "shopping".

She was taking pictures of us in the room because she thought we looked "cute"  :uhh:

Her father completely dismissed any ideas of mental illness or depression and simply said she "should have taken her CPA exam. If she had a good job she wouldn't feel this way."

Her sisters, jealous because she lived in the high-rise condo her parents bought, said, "why would she try to kill herself when she lives in such a nice building?"

Are you Indian? I feel like foreigners in general have this mentality.

My African parents def. do. In fact, it took my mom taking a psych class to figure out why her older brother was a nut ;fff I swear foreigners think they're immune to mental illness.

"We give you everthing, the fuck you mean depression? Depressed about what?"   :plzstop: and don't get them started cause they will start rambling about their own childhoods. And it's crazy how the communities try to HIDE suicides. And claim they're accidents. I really can't.

I am and yes soo true!

I think foreigners, especially those from India and countries in Africa, can't imagine why one would be depressed when there's so much opportunity to be had in America. But they don't realize that growing up with immigrant parents can create a whole slew of other problems.

What part of Africa? My parents, though Indian, are actually from Kenya and Tanzania.

Scott.

Quote from: my dvy macon georgia ... on July 01, 2016, 03:59:06 PM
Quote from: Scott. on July 01, 2016, 03:53:51 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 01, 2016, 03:50:27 PM
Not idgaf of u learn or not :uhh: :dead:

I've heard several teachers say that.
mowjindhbduwduwd

it would usually come out when they were fucking PISSED with the class's behavior.

"oh u wanna act up huh ? well guess wat I STILL get paid on Friday :justabit: "

especially the older tenured teachers.  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

"Cause I can FAIL you and still go to sleep with a check and a smile"

GRAND

Quote from: imani on July 01, 2016, 04:07:23 PM

"We give you everthing, the fuck you mean depression? Depressed about what?"   :plzstop: and don't get them started cause they will start rambling about their own childhoods.
!!!

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

The older I get the more I see this

My dad thinks as long as I have a good job nothing else matters. Feelings, friends, my fcking dog. He always told me growing up that I just needed to make money.

Then he constantly reminds me of how as a kid he walked 2 miles to school daily if I ever complained about needing a ride from school

Then, when I asked him WHY he's with his current wife, he says "she cooks and she works (and sucks his dick I'm sure)"

Like  :uhh:

He once said if a man isn't working he didn't need to live

Sssssssssss

I don't get it.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Don't Hurt Yourself on July 01, 2016, 04:08:31 PM

So I honestly don't blame "ghetto" people for how they act. They can't help it.
I can somewhat agree with this.  Your environment and who you're surrounded by can have a helluva impact on ur psyche. If u don't know better,  sometimes its hard to do better or believe that something better is coming.  I don't know better, all i know is what I've seen.  It's terrible
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

With two of my jobs im making more than my mom ever did growing up but  i still feel poor but a comfortably poor  lol

Growing up poor didnt really affect me

I laughed
I cried
I had fun

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

GRAND

You guys had terrible teachers

If a teacher told me they didn't care, I should've told my mom to complain about that Bitch they booted her

Pretend to care Bitch!

Vonc2002

Quote from: GRAND on July 01, 2016, 04:18:36 PM
You guys had terrible teachers

If a teacher told me they didn't care, I should've told my mom to complain about that Bitch they booted her

Pretend to care Bitch!
!!!!!!!
I had really caring teachers. Like, i loved some of them. Hang out in ur classroom at lunch sometimes type of relationships.  I loved highschool :stressed: